Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 27-04-2021

Potted on my  Basil plants.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 27-04-2021

Tuesday is Shoots day and today's Shoots are alliums.

Planted a tray of Babington leek seedlings in the perennial leek bed.
Planted all the Elephant Garlic cloves  that I won't use this year in the random corner.
Planted one Summer Isle Spring onion that's sat in a pot all winter in the allium edged bed.

Dug up 4 leeks that showed signs of bolting and replanted the rooted ends in the leek bits and pieces bed. Will cook the leeks tonight.

Sowed in modules/trays:
Leek - Elefant
Welsh Onions - White
Welsh Onions - Red
Garlic Chives
Bunching onions - ishikura
Spring Onion - Feast
Spring Onion - Guardsman

I think this new "system" will work for me as I'm only focussing on one type of plant a day. Smile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 27-04-2021

Today I’ve been on a nut & bolt hunt. Played with lots of rebar. Sown seeds. Hoping Bob will be home soon so we can finish the bench.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 27-04-2021

A non garden day today. Trying out nextdoor's new computer to do a Tesco shop online (my first ever) only to find at the end it wouldn't accept his card, cue a couple of hours sorting that. Then off to play with my friend for a girly mooch around town.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Vinny - 27-04-2021

Did a bit of bricklaying even though it was freezing cold out. Confused Started on the re-design of my new front steps. I spent a day with my Grandson on Saturday demolishing old steps so it was nice to actually make a start adding stuff rather than ripping it out. Rolleyes

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 27-04-2021

Lifted the carpet that has been a pretty good weed suppressing matting under the solar panels for the last 8 years and sowed grass seed (the panels have gone on the roof).
Tied in some clematis.
Added another 12 watering cans full into the pond.
Cut out brambles from beneath a hedge that were getting too big.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 28-04-2021

Just spotted the Sparrows rooting around in my parsnip bed Sad chased them of and covered the bed with a piece of netting.

Farendwoman - Farendwoman - 28-04-2021

(26-04-2021, 10:20 PM)Scarlet Wrote: Today I dug over a small area and planted in orlaya and clary plants. Also split some geraniums to fill in the space.

Another area of border was cleared, planted a clematis and white penstemon. Took about 20 cuttings first and they are now sat on my hot bench. Planted in some lychnis and scabious in my "white border"
Started to clear the border in front of the kitchen of ground elder / managed to plant in a Rose pink colored sage - Salvia microphylla - it has an amazing smell of blackcurrantsSmile
Won’t be far behind you with my clary and orlaya Scarlet.
have also got salvia microphylla ready to go out from a cutting from last year. Again the mother plant was left in the garden to die, but I’ve only got so much room in the greenhouse.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 28-04-2021

Wednesday is Fruits Day and its raining - so nothing outdoors just sowing some beans in modules in the kitchen.

DFB - Sonesta (trying againWink. Purple King (2018), Traviata.(2019).
CFB - Hunter (saved last year), Abundance (Real Seeds)

RE: Farendwoman - Scarlet - 28-04-2021

(28-04-2021, 02:05 PM)Farendwoman Wrote:
(26-04-2021, 10:20 PM)Scarlet Wrote: Today I dug over a small area and planted in orlaya and clary plants. Also split some geraniums to fill in the space.

Another area of border was cleared, planted a clematis and white penstemon. Took about 20 cuttings first and they are now sat on my hot bench. Planted in some lychnis and scabious in my "white border"
Started to clear the border in front of the kitchen of ground elder / managed to plant in a Rose pink colored sage - Salvia microphylla - it has an amazing smell of blackcurrantsSmile
Won’t be far behind you with my clary and orlaya Scarlet.
have also got salvia microphylla ready to go out from a cutting from last year. Again the mother plant was left in the garden to die, but I’ve only got so much room in the greenhouse.
Do they always die over winter? I had salvia amistad twice now and both times it died in the GH...though I managed cuttings but the old plants died?