Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 25-04-2021

(25-04-2021, 10:25 AM)Mikey Wrote: Had a lovely day yesterday although exhausting. DD’s birthday so it involved a pizza party. 3 days prep to make the sourdough base, san Marzano tomatoes from the garden last year along with frozen basil in the sauce. Beautiful water buffalo mozzarella, then they went and spoilt it by adding ham and pineapple. Heathens!! Big Grin
My favourite- Hawaiian with pineapple and ham  Big Grin  Big Grin  Big Grin

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 25-04-2021

Mostly potting on in the GH.
​Toms.
Courgettes
Squash
Cucs
Aubergines.

Then we erected pea frame planting out gutter sown Telephone peas, wrapped some fleece around to keep the birds of them.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 25-04-2021

Continue on with bringing a bench back to life. Today was ebonising the oak .
Also some potting on and pricking out.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 26-04-2021

Yesterday - potted on the over-wintered chillies, potted up some butternut squash, fed and watered the greenhouse gang as I think I might have been letting things dry out too much to beat the fungus gnats. It certainly all looks a bit more perky this morning!

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Farendwoman - 26-04-2021

Finished filling up available canes with sweet pea plants.
Have now planted out three hundred and eighty seven of them in clumps of three.
Overdid the sowing though, still have loads left with no room for any more.  Neighbours will all be pleased to take the surplus I hope.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 26-04-2021

^^^ that is one load of sweet peas! They'll look lovely in flower

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 26-04-2021

P&I spent the morning unblocking our neighbour's rainwater soak away that was no longer soaking away. Silt and roots had blocked it and although I think of this sort of thing as 'boys' work, I was needed because only my small hands would fit in the drain pipe. Sowed some more chitted sweetcorn that I neglected in the airing cupboard for a day. There were some quite long roots to accommodate.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 26-04-2021

Monday is Roots Day, and today it was Beetroot.Smile
I dug up last years beets, brought the best in to cook and replanted the tiddlers elsewhere to grow edible leaves.
Resowed the modules of Sanguina beetroot seedlings as the mice had decimated them. Moved the modules to another GH and covered them this time!
Sowed a stingy packet of Rainbow beet (only 15 seeds) in modules.

EDIT Made a "pond" out of a plastic dog bed to try to grow waterlilies from a heap of pond bottom soil with some roots in it.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 26-04-2021

More work in the bench. Painting today. Hopefully put it all together tomorrow and show you.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Scarlet - 26-04-2021

Today I dug over a small area and planted in orlaya and clary plants. Also split some geraniums to fill in the space.

Another area of border was cleared, planted a clematis and white penstemon. Took about 20 cuttings first and they are now sat on my hot bench. Planted in some lychnis and scabious in my "white border"
Started to clear the border in front of the kitchen of ground elder / managed to plant in a Rose pink colored sage - Salvia microphylla - it has an amazing smell of blackcurrantsSmile