Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 20-04-2021

The three P's. Pricked, potted and generally played about in the gh

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 20-04-2021

Spent most of the day in the garden again.
Potted on
Toms, cucs, courgettes and aubergines
Planted out
lettuce into 6 buckets/troughs after mixing old/new/dalek compost together

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 20-04-2021

Planted some DFB seedlings in the GH.
Planted some past their best spring onions in the garden in the allium edged bed.
Planted some flowering brassica - could be wild rocket - in the garden to self seed.
Did more clearance on the new veggie plot.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 20-04-2021

Packed away Area 51, chillies are out permanently now.
Potted on a couple of tomatoes.
Had a little sort out of the cuttings that haven’t made it over winter.
Did a bit of rock moving

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 21-04-2021

Potted on 24 tomato plants, once they are established I will give them into a local charity shop, also potted on some trailing begonias and two dozen fuchsia and planted out onion plants I have been hardening off.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 21-04-2021

Planted out some lettuce, then the broadbeans (20' double row), then some chrysanths and last a bed of strawberries. Whether we will get any or not though as I just moved about 20 plants from a weedy bed to a fresh one together with 6 bought in. So first they have to survive and then flower. Then the mice and squirrels have to be deterred some how.

A hard frost is forecast here tomorrow and just saw the early potatoes poking through so will have to go out later and cover them with some fleece.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 21-04-2021

Mostly potting on today.

Dwarf, Scarlett and Black kale.
Sunflowers,
Nasturtiums

Then planted out more lettuce into buckets and guttering.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 21-04-2021

Cleared the last of the celery and found a patch of parsnips in the middle! Oops. Only good for the compost heap. Spread compost in the cleared area and lifted the cardboard from the rest of the bed, forked it over to frustrate the voles and turn in the compost spread a few months ago.
Enjoying the greenhouse in out hokey cokey.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 21-04-2021

Carried a lump of rhubarb root the size of a small child around the garden in a bucket, umming and aahing about where to bury it. First thought was a central bed so I dug out some weeds, moved some logs, fiddled about and changed my mind about the rhubarb.
Picked up the bucket and carted it off to the end of the garden where I've been clearing, dug up some more docks and buttercups, but it didn't seem right to plant the rhubarb there as it limited my future options..............
Picked up the bucket and headed to The Rhubarb bed, where there are about 20 or so plants of various sizes wrapped up in couch grass. Dug up some couch and cleared a space for the new rhubarb but, again, it didn't make sense to plant it there.
Picked up the bucket and put it in the shade..............hope I remember where it is tomorrow. Smile maybe I'll dream up the right location for it.Smile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 21-04-2021

Potted on more flowery things. Got the sales barrow out to use it as a hardening off bench.