Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 15-04-2021

Strimmed the veggie garden. Did a bit more weeding & tidying the front garden. Then gave it a top dressing of homemade compost and throw lots of seeds around that I mixed last week. Took some cuttings.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 15-04-2021

Good evening I have been quite busy for the last couple of days, my son has bought a hut on line and he asked for help with building it up, it was like doing a jigsaw without the picture, or instructions and all the colour was the same, the only thing to go with was the diffrent lengths, things would have been so much easier if the manufacter had numbered or colour coded the thing, between lifting, stretching and going up and down ladders I am now feel shattered, I think I'm getting to ¿¿¿ unfit for that kind of work now (and no Veggie it's not the reason you thoughtBig Grin) once back home and had my tea I went out to the greenhouse for a short time, where a sowed some Russian Giant sunflower seeds, I will see how they compare with the other sunflowers I sowed the other day, I also potted on some redskin dahlia seedlings

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 15-04-2021

Put a bed of gravel in both of my 5m raised beds, I’m going to section part of the fruit bed for erricacious compost and plant my 5 blueberry bushes, I will then build or get my son to build me a temporary cover for when the blue berries are ripe to keep the birds off.
Then need to fill the rest with normal soil for the other fruit trees - Apple, pear, cherry, and I want to get a fig and maybe a quince.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 15-04-2021

Did the weekly sow list and potted on some melons.
Helped fell a birch tree that had developed quite a list recently. I hate felling trees in spring but we checked for nests both in the tree and surrounding bramble thicket. Sorted some bits for pea sticks, the trunk was logged and added to the log pile near the pond and the rest went through the chipper for using as mulch.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 16-04-2021

Shopped, delivered next door's. (Their internet is on order and their new computer is sitting in our hallway undergoing set up/customisation with a view to online shopping eventually). Pricked out gazanias, planted outside pea plants, watered! Tubs and newly planted stuff was wilting.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 16-04-2021

Once the frost was gone this morning and after I had removed all my fleece covering I gave the ground a good watering, though we are getting cold nights it hasn't rained for about a fortnight, after that I then tried to sort out the shelfs in the greenhouse, I have used tile battens to make them but need to give some thought on how to keep them level, without any permenant fixtures, I water all my potted plants and seedlings from the bottom and when I water all the water runs to the lower side, so some don't get watered, work in progress Rolleyes

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 16-04-2021

After work this morning I strimmed around the picnic benches and rearranged them. Watered all the cuttings. Spotted my first gladioli pocking through the surface. Tidied my tunnels. Pruned some very woody hyssop & sage.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 16-04-2021

Continued with the clearance of the fence area - digging out

"Brambles and buttercups and daisies and roses,
Thorny old holly that prickles your noses,
Straggling ivy and long roots like strings,
These are a few of my most hated things.............." Smile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Admin - 16-04-2021

Planting out mainly today

Onion sets from modules
Shallots from modules
Red cabbage
White cabbage