Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 13-04-2021

Sown some seeds. Potted on some poppies, musk mallow and a radish for seed pods.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 13-04-2021

Dead headed daffs, pruned Weigela, chopped comfrey and fed Mr Greedy who is steamingly hot. Smile
Watered GHs, tried to tidy GH No. 3, filled some seed trays ready for sowing don't know what. Took them into the kitchen until I'm inspired.
Found a ?cherry tree in the middle of a pussy willow. Its probably a self seeded wild cherry as there are a few nearby.
Another plum tree has its first ever flowers - hoping for a good plum year.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 13-04-2021

Got some gravel delivered for my 5m raised beds, now just got to spread it before I fill with soil.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 14-04-2021

Planted some Bijou mangetout seedlings and Jessy dwarf sugarsnaps in tubes made from plastic bottles set into planters, in the netted Pea Room.
Planted some Salvias in each container in the hope that their flowers will attract bees and the scent will deter the beasts from digging up the peas.

Emptied all the old beetroot seeds into a tub and scattered them, willy-nilly on the patch when I dump all sorts of homeless seeds.
Sowed some modules with newer beetroot seeds that are in date! Amazing. Wink

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 14-04-2021

Planted Charlotte potatoes into redundant recycling boxes, re-potted a over wintered chilli plant, Potted on perpetual spinach and chard they sown some parsnips seeds in a bucket.
I've been in and out of the garden all day so I must have done more than that Sad

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 14-04-2021

Potted on lots of my chillies. Some of them are having their first night in the tunnel!! They have 3 layers of fleece on them.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 14-04-2021

Yesterday
Weeded and mulched the fruit trees, ornamental trees and buddlejas. Pulled back the mulch off one veg bed, removed the weeds (not too many) and dug out the mole & vole tunnels (far too many). Planted out the first batch of lettuces. Weeded and mulched the arch bed.
Today
Weeded hot bed, rose bank and herb bed. Dug out the grass and weeds from beneath the row of vines and sowed a wildflower mix. Strimmed all the paths and edges in the veg garden. Cut back some bamboo shooting beyond where we want it. Cut back some hedges lightly, checking for bird's nests first.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 15-04-2021

[attachment=2694]  Big day! Took down the pallet fence  (back, right in this photo) that was supposed to stop the dogs and chooks going into the veggie area - don't care now - and it was blocking a lot of light. The "fence" was covered in honeysuckle, jasmine and brambles so I've been digging the roots out and dreaming up a new plan for the extra space.

Very satisfying day in the sunshine. Smile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 15-04-2021

- Planted some of my spare seed potatoes in containers, one more set to go!

- Given the space restrictions in my back yard I've decided that going forward it will only house my fruit bushes/trees. Therefore I've been trying to work out where my 2 blow-away GH's will go at the plot. I sort of know they will probably be blown over/away but I have nowhere else for them to go!

- Put some more parsnips into chit, to date success has been about 1 in 4.

- Potted up four more fruit bushes

- Visited the local beer garden, freezing therefore I only stayed 2 hoursSmile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 15-04-2021

Potted on Toms, cucs' and courgettes only downside is that means more trays to carry in and out to the GH each day.