Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 05-04-2021

(05-04-2021, 09:47 AM)JJB Wrote:
(04-04-2021, 07:40 PM)Veggie Wrote: More of the same as I've been doing for the few days - clearing a forgotten corner of brambles and dock with a dressing of honeysuckle, ivy and other smothering plants.
After getting fed up with that, I wandered around, secateurs in hand, chopping at old wood in shrubs and trees - its easier to see what's dead now that the leaves are opening.
More and more fruit trees starting to blossom - cherries, plums, peaches and nectarines, even a few flower on a "never-flowered-before" apricot,

None of my fruit are blossoming yet, probably best with the freezing temps we're being promised tonight.  The trees are all at mouse ear stage.

None of my fruit trees are in leaf yet, never mind blossom
Was out a walk, and even though its bright sunshine, it is bitterly cold so don't think I will be taking the fleece of the plants today

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 05-04-2021

Set up 2/3rds of my irrigation system in the poly tunnel.

[attachment=2587]
[attachment=2588]
[attachment=2589][attachment=2590][attachment=2591][attachment=2592][attachment=2593]

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 05-04-2021

Impressive Can, what weep hose do you use? I assume it's attached to the mains?

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 06-04-2021

Set up pea support (plan B). Sowed stuff - cucurbits and they're in the airing cupboard, note to self not to forget them, like I did with the gazanias. Repotted stuff - tomatoes, razzamatazz chilli. Transplanted stuff - DFB, courgettes. Found some bubble wrap in the loft so cocooned the tenders that won't fit in the propagator against another cold night. Last night it went down to -4°C in the GH.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 06-04-2021

Pricked out some cactus dahlia seedlings and trailing petunias along with some ameranthus, and potted on some more fuchsia, just heading out to cover everything with fleece

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 07-04-2021

Cut down a lot of bamboo and trimmed it ready for bean sticks. Stashed it under the wood store roof until needed. Heaped the twiggy, leafy tops on some waste ground for the leaves to dry, then, the plan is to use the twiggy bits as pea supports.
Everyone needs a plan, don't they?

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 07-04-2021

Compost heap turning - 4 bins, but after lunch I found one of the daleks had toppled over (the perils of gardening on a slope!) so that one got a double turn.
Did the weekly sow list.
Helped MrPP shift the solar panels onto the roof and then pondered what I can plant in the newly empty patch.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Admin - 07-04-2021

Absolutely nothing....had a day reading

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 07-04-2021

Potted on sunflowers, moved seed trays around and added a table inside my GH.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 07-04-2021

Removed lots of jewellery off the the were telegraph poles/ now fence posts. Things like danger signs, numbers, inspection notices, cables, barbed wire, copper wire ( kept that to go round my plant pots ) . Then stacked the posts up. Started collecting good sized rocks that have been dug out of the plot. Before they all get taken away. Will collect more tomorrow. My back started complaining today.