Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 03-04-2021

(03-04-2021, 07:03 PM)Broadway Wrote: We did end up going out today with No.1 son, I didn't feel guilty about him not being in our bubble as it was pretty busy. Anyway, we went to Clumber Park, lived here 2 1/2 years and never been there before!
Danny thats it with local places we tend to take them for granted.  
This evening I potted on my sunflowers.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 04-04-2021

Yesterday I got Tidied up some flower beds deadheaded some daffs fed strawberries and tomatoes and gerkins. Started laying out a water irrigation system in the tunnel. Planted out a climbing shrub the wife brought home she can’t remember what it is saysthe guy told her lots of lovely pink and purple flowers. Sowed some gyphilia bulbs or corms or whatever they are called.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 04-04-2021

Chopped up some seaweed, spread it over the tomato bed in the greenhouse, then covered it with soil/compost and transplanted some lettuce into it, after that as the wind was picking up and it was getting colder, I covered all the onion sets outside, and all the plants in the greenhouse with flecce

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 04-04-2021

Brought a dalek off the local buy & sell group. So went to pick that up. A friend spotted I’d brought it & offered me another 2 for free. Made rhubarb crumble muffins.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 04-04-2021

Emptied a compost bin spreading the contents between 2 beds, lots of weeding and sorting out seedlings.

Baked a carrot cake and an egg custard while the casserole was in the oven.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 04-04-2021

More of the same as I've been doing for the few days - clearing a forgotten corner of brambles and dock with a dressing of honeysuckle, ivy and other smothering plants.
After getting fed up with that, I wandered around, secateurs in hand, chopping at old wood in shrubs and trees - its easier to see what's dead now that the leaves are opening.
More and more fruit trees starting to blossom - cherries, plums, peaches and nectarines, even a few flower on a "never-flowered-before" apricot,

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 04-04-2021

Checked over some not thriving aubergines and sure enough they are showing evidence of fungus gnat larvae so took them out of the pots, washed all the soil and grubs from the roots and repotted them. Hopefully they will survive!
Pricked out 18 of the cayenne triffid home saved seedlings.
Cleared more algae from the pond.
Weeded more of the gravel outside the gates and supervised MrPP strimming out the front.
Organised the new shed a bit more.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 05-04-2021

Well all I did in the garden yesterday was to plant out some onion seedlings after clearing some weeds for them. I usually use sets but trying seeds for a change this year.
I did do a lot of washing up in the morning after having 2 of my children round for a visit with their families on Saturday.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 05-04-2021

(04-04-2021, 07:40 PM)Veggie Wrote: More of the same as I've been doing for the few days - clearing a forgotten corner of brambles and dock with a dressing of honeysuckle, ivy and other smothering plants.
After getting fed up with that, I wandered around, secateurs in hand, chopping at old wood in shrubs and trees - its easier to see what's dead now that the leaves are opening.
More and more fruit trees starting to blossom - cherries, plums, peaches and nectarines, even a few flower on a "never-flowered-before" apricot,

None of my fruit are blossoming yet, probably best with the freezing temps we're being promised tonight.  The trees are all at mouse ear stage.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 05-04-2021

Yesterday I put up support for the bijou mangetout. Seeing as the ones overwintered in the GH are well over 5ft in their pot I thought the outside ones would need a bit more than pea sticks (which I haven't got anyway). I used bamboo canes and some rather old flimsy plastic pea net, hopefully it will hold. As the place I've squeezed it into, is not ideal, I'm not sure its going to stay there. Plan B is called for I think.