Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 02-04-2021

- Reclaimed the plot shed!

- Filled the 3 new RB's with grass clippings and cardboard

- Made some more copper slug rings

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 02-04-2021

Mulched the row of new maples with grass clippings.
Chopped down the weeds/wild flowers from compost spread in the autumn on one of the veg beds, topped off with more grass clippings so hopefully it'll all break down before planting in up in late May. Found three fennel bulbs lurking, the biggest I've ever grown. The weeds must have protected them!!

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 02-04-2021

(02-04-2021, 07:43 PM)Broadway Wrote: Made some more copper slug rings

I have copper rings made from an ancient bit of plumbing. As long as I remember to slip them over my chilli and pepper plants when they are small enough they make pretty good barriers.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 02-04-2021

started off with frost but sun out, blue sky and turned a lovely warm day, so cut the grass did some weeding then made a new screen for the greenhouse door, have had too many birds flying into the greenhouse to leave it without anything covering the doors if they get in they keep flying into the glass trying to get back out

(02-04-2021, 08:00 PM)PyreneesPlot Wrote:

I have copper rings made from an ancient bit of plumbing. As long as I remember to slip them over my chilli and pepper plants when they are small enough they make pretty good barriers.
Yours are more "real" than mine PP.

Mine consist of copper tape wrapped around a pop bottle then cut into rings, seems to do the jobSmile

I also washed some seaweed getting it ready for putting into my baskets

(02-04-2021, 08:15 PM)Broadway Wrote:

Mine consist of copper tape wrapped around a pop bottle then cut into rings, seems to do the jobSmile

Do you find that the copper tape works Broadway? and PP do you clean your copper rings before use

(02-04-2021, 08:31 PM)Spec Wrote:
(02-04-2021, 08:15 PM)Broadway Wrote:

I've had reasonable success Spec. The bits I put out in the week had been nibbled outside of the ring but the protected bits seemed ok.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 02-04-2021

Today I did a lot of achieving nothing much. Pricked our some chard. Put some labels on some of the cuttings that have started to wake up. Dug out all the nettles and roots I could find in the front garden. Collected some antirrhinum seeds from seed heads that have been sat on the plant all winter. Direct sown some of the antirrhinum seeds. Found a big unhappy slug in my asparagus tub ( didn’t seem to like the wool in the tub ).

RE: 2021 - What I did today - doublyjonah - 02-04-2021

Cleared some weeds from the strawberry bed, planted out some well-rooted strawberry runners and sweet peas, and admired our nice wood chip path on Google Earth.