Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 01-04-2021

Dug up more Docks, bramble and creeping buttercup with the help of the chooks - on their first official day of freedom.Smile
Took delivery of twice as many onion sets as I had ordered!! Planted one bag of Stuttgarter Giant and one of Centurion in spring onion trays (from Lidl). Hoping to start them off before planting out as it might discourage the birds from thinking that the tops are worms and pulling them up. Drove me mad replanting them daily, last year. Only found 2 sets that weren't good enough to plant so the 2 free bags are a real bonus!!
Two more bags to plant tomorrow!! No idea where they'll go in the garden.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 01-04-2021

I’ve done lots of little jobs today. Last few pots in the tunnel have had the top couple of inches of compost changed & topped with gravel. Done the same with the strawberry hanging baskets and made up another 3 hanging baskets with strawberries. Hoovered up more fungus gnats. Moved the salad bar back outside. Rescued an alpine strawberry that I chucked in the compost last year, it’s looking very healthy, so I potted it up again. Found potatoes growing in the dalek again. Left the lid off and put a fence round the top to keep the deer off them.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Vinny - 01-04-2021

Covered chitting spuds in greenhouse with bubble-wrap as a frost is forecast.

Progressed with work on the plot and took home more chopped logs from next doors old fencing. 

I wonder when people will return to allotment site as once again I was the only one on site. Getting a bit sick of talking to myself and telling myself funny stories I have already heard. Rolleyes

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 01-04-2021

Maybe they rush to the plot when they know you've gone home, Vinny.Wink

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Vinny - 01-04-2021

(01-04-2021, 09:57 PM)Veggie Wrote: Maybe they rush to the plot when they know you've gone home, Vinny.Wink
They must be nocturnal gardeners then Veggie as its usually getting dark when I leave. Big Grin

Come to think of it there was one bloke who has taken over an overgrown plot and built a raised bed that looks like a coffin in the middle of his plot from a distance. Maybe he is in there just waiting for it to get dark! Cry

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Admin - 01-04-2021

Added some BFB to this years onion beds, I was intending to put them out this weekend but will let the cold spell past first.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 02-04-2021

I bought a 'potato' planter from lidl, to me it looks like a strawberry planter, similar to something posted here on another thread ( I think by Scarlet). It's a 4 tier trefoil shaped thingy. I've filled with a mix of 50/50 sifted soil and my own compost and will plant strawberries. I don't really know where it's going but I have dozens of potted up runners. I don't really need more stawbs (but you can't have too many strawbs can you?). P looked heavenwards 'another thing to keep watered' but when do I ever listen to him? It might overwinter in gh for early fruit next year.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Vinny - 02-04-2021

I'll let you know what I did today when I get back from the allotment as all my plans go out the window when I get there. Rolleyes  I finish up doing summat completely different to what I planned. So not only do I rebel against spreadsheets, I rebel against any form of planning whatsoever! Big Grin

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Scarlettkitten - 02-04-2021

Attempting to continue hardening off my strouting herbs and hoping to plant some Minibell Tomatoes today. Its not the warmest but everything is looking fine but my parsley definitely needs a bigger pot, it's getting rather crowded in there.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 02-04-2021

Potted on toms then sown more parsnips.