Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 07-01-2021

(07-01-2021, 10:05 AM)JJB Wrote:
(06-01-2021, 11:05 PM)Veggie Wrote: Sorted seeds in the warm and found some old pea and field bean seeds that have been put to soak overnight. Hoping to grow edible shoots but the seeds are so old I'll be lucky if any of them germinate.
Too cold to do much outdoors or to open the GH.
I'm expecting snow tomorrow as it always snows on the 7th.

Veggie, is it snowing?
Not yet, but everywhere is white with the heaviest frost so far this year. 
There's still time for snow. Wink

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Vinny - 07-01-2021

Need to get some shopping in today. With all this snow and ice about its going to be a one-stop shop at Aldi methinks!

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 07-01-2021

Vinny I shopped earlier at Aldi there was hardly any other customers so i was in and out quick but they had plenty of stock. Oddly I didn't see anything I wanted/needed from the Aisle of Wonder this time Smile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 07-01-2021

Thursday is shopping day here too. Home Bargains, Lidl, Tesco and Aldi. All with P in tow. Lord give me strengthBig Grin. In reality though he does next door's, I do ours.
It's all foggy here today let's hope the motorists are behaving. Only -1°C so probably not freezing fog.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 07-01-2021

Another lovely walk down the canal into town today. Needed to get a loaf of bread plus bits from Wilko.

Wilko didn't have everything so I got home and ordered the rest online! I do like to get out but we need to lock ourselves away for 2 - 3 months apart from the supermarket, the plot, and exercise.

3pm I have game 4 in the family chess tournament, needle match against my uncle, I badly want/need to win this one, update will follow......

Got some onion sets in Home Bargains. A taste of purchases to come later on in the spring. Roll on seed sowing weather.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 07-01-2021

Put the pre-soaked peas and broad beans in trays, under a sheet of glass, in the GH. The glass is to deter the meeces from digging the seeds out!!
Dug up some spring onions and broke off a stalk of lemon grass. Trimmed the roots of both and will replant them tomorrow.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 07-01-2021

(07-01-2021, 02:05 PM)Broadway Wrote: Another lovely walk down the canal into town today. Needed to get a loaf of bread plus bits from Wilko.

Wilko didn't have everything so I got home and ordered the rest online! I do like to get out but we need to lock ourselves away for 2 - 3 months apart from the supermarket, the plot, and exercise.

3pm I have game 4 in the family chess tournament, needle match against my uncle, I badly want/need to win this one, update will follow......
Just won the chess, party night Big Grin

Well done Danny, champagne with dinner tonight then?

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 07-01-2021

A lazy day today didn't get a walk as to much ice underfoot and didn't clear all day as freezing fog and -7 so sat and watched the birds, need to see about a bigger pot with a dozen pigeons feeding all day