Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Eyren - 20-03-2021

In honour of the equinox I got up at dawn and sowed some wild flowers (foxgloves, red campion, ragged robin) in the damp shade at the bottom of the righthand fence - if they germinate, clearly they're meant to be there! Also sowed alkanet "Dropmore" and cornflower "Black Ball" around the tulips on the opposite side of the garden. Then I ate breakfast in the conservatory and spent some time bringing my garden journal up-to-date, including recording my sowing experiments.

In the afternoon I potted up the plug plants I bought a couple of weeks ago, as it's still a while before most of them can go outside, and hung up some solar lights in the conservatory. Eventually the lights will go outside, but we need to get the pergola over the patio replaced first. I also created a Pinterest board of all the container plants I'd bought, to get a better feel for which ones work best together.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 21-03-2021

After work yesterday I weeded and de-stoned what will be my parsnip bed.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 21-03-2021

P rebuilt the lid of the coal bunker which no longer houses coal but is a very useful storage for sand, gravel, aggregate, etc. The lid is long past its sell by date and rotting Having made the lid he expected me to cover with EPDM which we did as a joint effort. He now needs to refit the lid. I really like the smell of the adhesive Smile
Pottered in the GH.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Eyren - 21-03-2021

Laid three spare paving slabs in front of the shed to make a "doorstep", and put down more cardboard and a 100-litre sack of landscape bark to make paths around the raised beds, so now I can get to most of the garden without my shoes ending up caked in mud an inch or more thick Smile

All that's left is a short stretch alongside one of the beds, which Mr E has promised to do tomorrow. I just need to find another cardboard box or two of a sensible size, which shouldn't be too difficult in this house!

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 21-03-2021

Pricked out all my tomato seedings today. It feels too early - they're all just seedling leaf stage, but they've stagnated for at least a week and the leaves were going grey.
Dumped and compacted broken tiles and bricks and then put down some weed matting where my new shed is going. Conveniently it will mostly block the view of the new house next door. The land slopes steeply so their house stands about ten metres above us and their terrace looks down into our kitchen & living room and vice versa.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 21-03-2021

- Planted 14 Babington leeks at the plot

- Helped Mrs. B plant some bulbs out the front and at the MIL's grave

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 21-03-2021

I sowed the following seeds
Cauliflower- type snowball
Beetroot- golden globe
Radish
Brussel sprouts
Purple dwarf French beans
Peas
I also planted out some curly kale plants in a raised bed.
[attachment=2431]

I had bought 3 bare root fruit trees for €15 in Lidl yesterday, so I planted them into tubs until I have the little no raised beds ready for them. 2 apple and 1 cherry.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 21-03-2021

Potted on Toms and assorted lettuce, then sown more sunflowers.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - doublyjonah - 21-03-2021

Made it to the plot with the family. Finally!

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 21-03-2021

Started the war on Fungus gnats.