Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 19-03-2021

- Wheeled 3 x 120 litre bags of compost to the plot

- Put together a makeshift coldframe

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 19-03-2021

Dugout some more raspberry canes
Spread a wheelbarrow load of Hotbin compost on the rhubarb planted yesterday and topped up some of the courgette bins with the remainder in readiness.
Took a garden fork to some slices of Ash tree that have been used as stands for planters, as the wood was starting to rot. It was home to many yukky white grubs, about an inch long, with red heads. Can't remember what they are! If you promise not to report me, I let the chickens out to eat them and they said they were delicious.
Filled some modules to sow tomatoes, cucumbers and something else - probably DFBs.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Eyren - 19-03-2021

Sowed a load of leafy greens, salad, herbs, etc (see the "What I Sowed Today" thread!). 

Also pricked out my propagator seedlings: one each of every variety into 7cm pots to grow on (14 of those), plus a total of 40 spares went into individual modules. If they all thrive and my plants are as popular on the campus for-sale list as they used to be, it'll get me back a decent chunk of the cost of the propagator.

Had intended to do more, but the potting on took forever! Next year I'll sow one seed per cell in my new 60-cell module trays and avoid all this nonsense Big Grin

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 19-03-2021

Started Attacking the front garden.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 20-03-2021

Did some flower bed weeding, spread some BFBM and chicken manure pellets. Filled a new flower bed ready for some plants and shrubs tomorrow. Then I filled the raised beds my son built, I’m knackered tonight, hips, legs, shoulders, arms, wrists and hands all paining. Just took a nice soak in a hot bath.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 20-03-2021

People came & collected the plants I dug out of the font garden yesterday. As I’d made it a swap, I’ve planted a couple of geraniums ( hopefully a different colour to the ones I already have ) & about 30 gladioli bulbs. Something I’ve always wanted to grow. Realised I’ve got a massive fungus gnat problem is one tunnel. There Eviction will be starting tomorrow. Also put some mung beans in the sprouter.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 20-03-2021

- Sowed some more seed and potted on some rosemary

- Tidied a bit of overgrown grass at the plot which enabled me to remove/lift some weed membrane

- Dumped some pots and plants at the plot

- Sorted out some seeds for the random swapSmile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 20-03-2021

Treated OH to a fish supper, I ordered and collected, she paidBig Grin then went along the coast and eat it looking out to the sea unfortunately it was a bit dull so not a lot to look at though I did see quite a lot of seaweed, so went out and collected 2 big bags of it, just to tidy up the shoreRolleyes

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Vinny - 20-03-2021

Long walk with dog,shopping with Daughter then straight to allotment with a load of cardboard. After dropping off cardboard spent the rest of my time there weeding and de-stoning. Smile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Scarlet - 20-03-2021

Spent all day outside. I didn't do as much as I wanted by but I'm hoping the weather will be similar tomorrow and I can finish what I've started.

Potted on 2 trays of black cornflowers into 3inch square pots -36
Sowed my 3rd sowing of sweetpeas - (autumn, christmas and March for a trial on which ones flower the best) these that I've been soaking for a week..a bit too long but they seemed fine and had started to sprout. About 15 pots with half a dozen in each.
Took about 30 dahlia cuttings.
Temporary repaired my broken window in the GH with a piece of wood and some gaffer tape.

Weeded around 3 fruit trees, fed and mulched. Left the rest for another day.

Fed and mulched 6 roses....a few more to go.

Not sure where the time went? I blinked and it was getting dark.