Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 17-03-2021

Moved some primulas to clear a small raised bed then topped the bed up with some compost and course sand, planted 3 tree lilies (honeymoon) then ten lily regale once its warmer I will plant some dark dahlias at their base

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 17-03-2021

I move around the garden following the sun - so, first I pulled up Vinca and Bramble on the south side, then to the east where I dug up some old raspberry canes, then to the GHs where I planted courgettes and cucumbers in the beds (because I'm tired of bringing them in at night) and planted the early toms in planters. Covered the courgettes and toms with polythene and wished them goodnight. Its too cold overnight for them really, but, nothing ventured and all that!
Acquired some rhubarb plants so must decide where to plant them tomorrow.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 17-03-2021

Did a little more pricking out. Replaced a dead strawberry. Inspected the clematis for signs of new growth so I can try again to take cuttings. It’s still to early.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 17-03-2021

Bought some nails to repair a fence, removed sprouts from stored potatoes.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - doublyjonah - 17-03-2021

Relocated and consolidated some flowers on the plot into a single bed. Barrowed some wood chip (and a toddler) to refill the paths. Did a little weeding.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 17-03-2021

- Tidied raised beds 2/3 at the plot

- Potted on 1 of each of my alliums(Babington Leek, Three-cornered Leek, Welsh Onion, Crow Garlic, Wild Garlic, Walking Onion, Walky Leek, Poireau perpétuel perennial) as I decided I wanted 1 of each in the back yard to watch and understand the differences.

- Dug up some perennials from the plot that look unwell, potted up in the yard, will see what happens.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Eyren - 17-03-2021

(17-03-2021, 07:25 PM)doublyjonah Wrote: Barrowed some wood chip (and a toddler) to refill the paths.

Doesn't having a toddler in there make the paths a bit lumpy?

Big Grin

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 17-03-2021

(17-03-2021, 05:57 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Did a little more pricking out. Replaced a dead strawberry. Inspected the clematis for signs of new growth so I can try again to take cuttings. It’s still to early.
Sc how do you take your clematis cuttings

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 17-03-2021

Weeded 3 beds, re-homing self seeded plants especially violas and teasels not ideal to have in my this years parsnip bed.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - doublyjonah - 17-03-2021

(17-03-2021, 07:51 PM)Eyren Wrote:
(17-03-2021, 07:25 PM)doublyjonah Wrote: Barrowed some wood chip (and a toddler) to refill the paths.

Doesn't having a toddler in there make the paths a bit lumpy?

Big Grin
And giggly to boot!