Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 14-03-2021

I gave Norman the Gnome a fresh coat of paint. The weather had really taken it's toll, now he's the smartest (only) gnome in the village.

(13-03-2021, 06:22 PM)Small chilli Wrote: I took all my chilli & tomato babies for their first visit to the polytunnel and gave all their pots a nice little top dressing of grit. Repotted a couple of them at the same time. Cut back the dead on the delicate mint varieties. Finished cleaning the chilli tunnel.

SC, are your chilli babies going out into a cold tunnel overnight?  I've got buds on my jalapeno and its getting a bit big for indoors.  It can go in a prop in the cold GH, but the air temp in that isn't very high (although bottom is ok).

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 14-03-2021

(14-03-2021, 10:56 AM)JJB Wrote: I gave Norman the Gnome a fresh coat of paint.  The weather had really taken it's toll, now he's the smartest (only)  gnome  in the village.
Picture?

(14-03-2021, 11:19 AM)Broadway Wrote:
(14-03-2021, 10:56 AM)JJB Wrote: I gave Norman the Gnome a fresh coat of paint.  The weather had really taken it's toll, now he's the smartest (only)  gnome  in the village.
Picture?

Probably,  but he's going to have a coat of varnish today, so pic afterwards when he's shiny.  Not that my paintwork is any good, they missed me out when handing out the artistic genes. Smile  I've just looked at getting him a companion, there are some really rude ones out there!  I had to hide his eyes.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 14-03-2021

- Yesterday - Moved overwintered geraniums from the loft, tidied the survivors and distributed downstairs (I'm still allowed to keep them inside!) Smile

- Transplanted 24 shallots at the plot, 5 Walking Onions, and 20 Walky LeeksSmileSmile

- Transferred food waste to one of the plot daleks

- Moved germinated seeds from the house to growhouses (Leeks, Spring Onions, Chard, Spinach, Peas, Beetroot)

- Another lockdown haircutSad

And now, what better way to spend a mothers day afternoon then screaming at the north London derby(football), sorry loveSmileSmile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Eyren - 14-03-2021

Yesterday - planted up my strawberry runners (2 varieties, 1 early, 1 late):

[attachment=2359]

I got a discount on the planter when buying the runners - not as glamorous as a Victorian strawberry pot, but a lot more practical!

Today, I laid some paths between my raised beds (just cardboard and bark, nothing fancy), and Mr E dug over the planned lawn area. There are a lot of perennial weed roots (mostly brambles and ivy) that need clearing before we can sow grass seed, so it's a work-in-progress.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 15-03-2021

(14-03-2021, 12:54 PM)JJB Wrote:
(14-03-2021, 11:19 AM)Broadway Wrote:
(14-03-2021, 10:56 AM)JJB Wrote: I gave Gnorman the Gnome a fresh coat of paint.  The weather had really taken it's toll, now he's the smartest (only)  gnome  in the village.
Picture?

Probably,  but he's going to have a coat of varnish today, so pic afterwards when he's shiny.  Not that my paintwork is any good, they missed me out when handing out the artistic genes. Smile  I've just looked at getting him a companion, there are some really rude ones out there!  I had to hide his eyes.

Gnorman in his new clothes.

[attachment=2363]

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 15-03-2021

After my walk this morning I went over the fields and collected some mole hills, then spread it out on a tin sheeting and went over it with one of those weed wands don't think it was warm enough to sterilise all the soil but will wait to see 8f there is any weed germination before using it, after that I went over my flower beds weed them and removed most of the old leaves on my helibore, and Can now see the flowers so much easier, then a friend asked me to cut back his roses for him, got that done and now having a coffee

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 15-03-2021

Sowed toms, repotted toms, chillies, aubs and peppers and transferred to propagator in GH. Planted two sorts of onion sets. Prepared ground for sowing carrots.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 15-03-2021

(15-03-2021, 05:37 PM)Spec Wrote: After my walk this morning I went over the fields and collected some mole hills, then spread it out on a tin sheeting and went over it with one of those weed wands don't think it was warm enough to sterilise all the soil but will wait to see 8f there is any weed germination before using it, after that I went over my flower beds weed them and removed most of the old leaves on my helibore, and Can now see the flowers so much easier, then a friend asked me to cut back his roses for him, got that done and now having a coffee
Hi Spec

I've seen you mention the mole hills before.

Probably a stupid question but I assume it's legal to take the soil? If so there are 100's round hereSmile