Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 09-03-2021

Moved the remaining spring onions from their gutter in GH No.2 and replanted them in Mrs Mulberry's allium edged bed.
Pulled up a lot of Vinca/periwinkle that is swamping the prickly bed. Not a pleasant job as they're wrapped around brambles, hawthorn, holly, worcesterberry and gooseberries as well as a young oak tree, hazels, forsythia, fuchsia and pheasant berry. Beneath the Vinca are bluebells and daffodils. I'm sure I cleared this lot last year but you wouldn't know now.
I need a "plan" for how to use this area. I'm sure it will come to me.............

Also, collected 2 buckets of comfrey leaves as the plants are getting ready to flower and I don't want any more self seeders - thank you very much! Mr Greedy was very appreciative of his little snack. Smile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 09-03-2021

After checking with the polis and being told I could go over to the shore as long as it was in my own area, I headed over this morning and collected 5 bags of seaweed, might nip over again on Friday as apparently its going to be a bit stormy Wednesday, Thursday, I will get OH to come with me by telling her I will buy her a fish supper, she enjoys having a fish supper and sitting looking out at the sea, the chipshop is shut but I'm not letting on, and as we are over there I'm as well collecting some seaweed Big Grin

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 09-03-2021

Back and forth 4 times to the plot taking 4 pallet collars, 4 rhubarb, 1 comfrey, honeysuckle, gooseberry, and a blackthorn.
(The back yard looks tidySmile)

Moved some indoor bits outside into the growhouses.

Had to go back into town to get another blood-test form as the one last week suggested my red blood cells were slightly low. Another one booked for next weekSad

Knackered now, Mrs B was up at 5.30, back and headache post vaccine, she is OK now just tired.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 09-03-2021

Another day playing in the kitchen with chillies. Made powder and refilled dehydrator.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 09-03-2021

(09-03-2021, 08:53 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Another day playing in the kitchen with chillies. Made powder and refilled dehydrator.
Do you blend different chilli powders SC to arrive with a blend you sell under a specific spicy name ?

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 09-03-2021

An exhausting day today.

When a new septic tank was installed in February, the ground was very soft and the firm used a digger on caterpillar tracks. This dug out a 6 foot wide path all the way through my 'orchard'.

As the ground has dried out somewhat, I raked through it to level it as best I can, quite hard with turf sods scattered through it. Then sowed grass seed and raked in. A good downpour tomorrow would settle it down and hopefully the birds wont eat too much. On the seed bag, it said the ground should be 10C but the grass is starting to grow now and so are weeds so a good chance the seed will still germinate.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 09-03-2021

(09-03-2021, 09:20 PM)Can the Man Wrote:
(09-03-2021, 08:53 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Another day playing in the kitchen with chillies. Made powder and refilled dehydrator.
Do you blend different chilli powders SC to arrive with a blend you sell under a specific spicy name ?
Yeah I do  Smile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Vinny - 10-03-2021

Just returned from my daughters to pick up a load of cardboard. Cool Silly me, I didn't realise that because she owns a Deli she would have cardboard to get rid of each week. Rolleyes
Got myself a regular supply of cardboard now for the plot. Big Grin

Luckily, just after I returned the heavens opened and the wind got up, so was pleased I got cardboard when I did.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 10-03-2021

Potted on Welsh Onions, Crow Garlic, and Three Cornered Leeks

Also potted on a couple of tomatoes

Resowed some more seed

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 10-03-2021

If I said playing in the kitchen with chillies would you be surprised!