Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 06-03-2021

Planted out the tayberry and loganberry plants I bought from Aldi last Summer. Also a rhubarb cutting I took last spring and just left in a pot. Prepared 1/2 the ground for where I'm going to plant out onion seedlings ASAP.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 06-03-2021

I sowed my first earlies Sharps express in raised beds in the poly tunnel. I will get some horticulture fleece during the week for them. The tubers are about 18-20” deep. Should be safe for the moment. Did a lot of tidying up in the tunnel, dressed some beds with BFB meal, removed any weeds. Dressed my rhubarb pot, there were about 4 leaves appearing, put some sulphate of potash on th3 rhubarb and hazelnut bush.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Eyren - 07-03-2021

Busy day today! 

Went to the garden centre (Scotsdales) in the morning and bought a dozen or so plug plants - they had a "pick'n'mix" section with lots of fuchsias, petunias, calibrachoas, verbena, etc - all things I was looking for. Also grabbed a couple of aubretia, partly because it's a great early flower for bees, but also for nostalgia's sake, as we used to grow them in our garden when I was a teenager.

On a whim I also bought a small lemon tree for the conservatory, on the excuse of it being my birthday next weekend - it was expensive, but I made a chunk of change during the week selling some unwanted chicken fencing, and my tomato seedlings should raise a few bob more next month. Plus, free lemons!  Smile

After lunch I did some chores in the back garden: moved a hanging basket and put up the mason bee release box and nesting tube, put up another bracket in a quiet spot and moved the bird feeders there (they haven't had many visitors so far), weeded around the tulips, and did some general tidying.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 07-03-2021

Planted out 30 broadbeans today, 20 transplanted and 10 seeds.

A bit of tidying at the plot.

Brought some manure back from the plot, decided my blackberry plants will go in pots this year.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 07-03-2021

Started cleaning plant labels. Sorted out all my seeds for the commercial seed swap. There’s more than I thought  Big Grin . 
Sown some more seeds I wasn’t planning on growing     Rolleyes .

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 07-03-2021

Put some supports for my shelves in place and as I had some onion sets I decided to plant them out, now waiting on the hot weather to come along, I need it to get a bit of a tanSmile Smile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 08-03-2021

Finished cleaning labels. Filled dehydrator with chillies. Did other stuff, but not even remotely interesting or garden related.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 09-03-2021

Trying to tame the flower border, muscari, crocosmia, campanula and bluebells making life very difficult. Also trying to un-intermingle various plants trying to get friendly with each other. I fear I'll be left with masses of soil and no plants.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 09-03-2021

Having given a test aubergine seedling the organic insecticide treatment against fungus gnats a few days ago and apparently not killed it, each of my seedling pots got a small dose today. It took ages to find and remove the zebra spider that has been hunting fungus gnats for the last week!

Moved a lot of seedlings out of the heated prop and onto the pretty (not) metal shelving in the living room, to make way for most of the weekly sow list - tomatillos, celery, squash, melons.
Off to clean the cooker and oven - I'm giving it away but still want to send it on its way clean.  Big Grin

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Eyren - 09-03-2021

(09-03-2021, 03:52 PM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: It took ages to find and remove the zebra spider that has been hunting fungus gnats for the last week!

I love zebra spiders - I'm glad you saved him/her!