Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 03-03-2021

(03-03-2021, 11:36 AM)Small chilli Wrote: Lick buckets

Mineral lick block for sheep. When they’ve finished your left with very useful buckets with lids. Put hole in the bottom perfect for growing stuff like carrots. 
Like Bren says builders buckets work well so do MFB.
Thanks SC, nice orange colour those bucketsSmile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Eyren - 03-03-2021

Pruned the "Perle d'Azur" clematis back hard (it's in pruning group 3) this morning, and cut back a straggly shrub in the front garden. 

Also, last night I set the digital timer so I can run the propagator lights on a sensible schedule - though it wouldn't behave itself for me, Mr E had to poke it before it would follow the schedule properly  Angry

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 03-03-2021

Out for a walk this morning with a neighbour and when passing by the side of the burn I noticed that there was more sand washed up again so back home I picked up some bags and drove back to collect some more, not really needed urgently, but better to cut a stick when you see itSmile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 03-03-2021

I have started stripping wallpaper of the upstairs room, I initially started this to avoid some housework, I think I should have done the houseworkRolleyes

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 03-03-2021

- Nice walk down the canal into town for a blood test(one of my annual mot's), can't wait for next weeks results!

- Popped into Wilko's for some bits and ended up with some more seed potatoes!

- Walked half way home to Sainsbury's for some bits then Mrs B picked me up for the my first lift in her new carSmileSmile

- Trying to warm up now, builders have again been here all day, doors open, it's freezing!

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 03-03-2021

Seed sowing. Quick tidy up round the rhubarb. Sieved some compost. Helped build a shed for the generator to live in at the plot. Made Chelsea buns.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 03-03-2021

Tidied GH to make space my compost bale, shopped for compost then made more naan breads for the freezer.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 04-03-2021

Yesterday -
Weeded the little tunnel.
Cleared some of the bolted brassicas (sprouts - 6 plants and 1 decent harvest which counts as a good year!!)
Pricked out 60 lettuces which was about half the tray - why did I sow so many and thank goodness only one of the two varieties germinated.
Weeded the Hop Border, lifted the concrete edging slabs and reset them. May have damaged some hop roots much to the annoyance of the resident brewer.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 04-03-2021

Shopping day for us and neighbours. Bought compost (and beer). Always a good sign, more beer and compost.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 04-03-2021

- Potted some perennial bits I received from the backyard larder

- Sowed some more bits

- Planted the strawberry bed (plot)

- Laid some cardboard around the raspberry trench (plot)