Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Roitelet - 17-02-2021

Scrubbed all the algae of the outside of the tunnel and gave the i side a wipe down too. The increase in light is amazing, and it wasn’t that dirty!

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 17-02-2021

Cut back artemisia and pruned the rosa rugosas and almost all the buddlejas.
Had to pick up something from the post office so used it an excuse to get MrPP away from the building work and out on the motorcycles. Then home to more pruning!

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 18-02-2021

Pruned the raspberries (some of them!) using my traditional pruning method:- If its Brown, cut it down. If its Green, leave to be seen.
As I cut out the dead canes, I chop them up and drop them on the paths - its the closest I come to woodchip these days.
Nice to see the buds on the fruit bushes - won't be long before they open and the garden turns green again.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 18-02-2021

Raspberry pruning here too, on the hugelkultur bed, plus weeding out the ferocious grass that's fine in the meadow but a pain everywhere else!
Sowed aubergine blanche ronde oeuf seeds.
Some friends with their puppy who is only just out and about visited. The friend bottle fed six of them but kept this guy, so we've seen him before when we were the novelty playthings occasionally brought in to entertain them all!

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 19-02-2021

Finished weeding out the hugelkultur bed and planted four more blackcurrant bushes, making fourteen in total.
Emptied out a big pot where I'd planted 3 canna lilies three years ago and replanted thirteen into the hot border- no wonder they didn't flower well last year. I like the foliage, but the flowers are a bit brash!

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 20-02-2021

PP could you let me know how your hugelkultur bed was made please

Fitted a new lock to my hut door, this is so that I can keep it closed without it being locked, as the other lock was a yale and having to use a key every time to open the door is a bit of a nuance, especially if I have left the key in my jacket pocket Rolleyes

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 20-02-2021

(20-02-2021, 01:07 AM)Spec Wrote: PP could you let me know how your hugelkultur bed was made please

Will do - I'll start a new thread because I have quite a lot of pics. Probably Monday as it is going to rain all day!!

Are you saying you don't have rain today, it's heavy rain here just nowRolleyeshow come your not getting the rainConfusedBig Grin

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 20-02-2021

(20-02-2021, 12:23 PM)Spec Wrote: Are you saying you don't have rain today, it's heavy rain here just nowRolleyeshow come your not getting the rainConfusedBig Grin

Lovely and warm today, sorry, our endless days of rain finished last week. But I know it will rain on Monday because MrPP has some work booked (the second day of work this year Sad ) which requires a dry day! We're due more orange/pink Saharan rain ...