Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Vinny - 11-02-2021

Had an expedition through the snow to get some shopping. Side streets and shop car parks were the worst affected but managed to get everything I needed (including potting compost) Cool

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 11-02-2021

I’ve finished emptying chilli pots!! We’ll still 7 to do , but they might miraculously have survivors in them!.
A couple of hours comparing underground drainage prices. My brain is fried.
This right here is why we have no water
[attachment=2176]

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 12-02-2021

Home office all day in fact I started at 8,00 and finished at 5,45 so no time for anything other than light the fire make the dinner and chill out watching tv

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 12-02-2021

Not a lot yesterday......

Nice walk to get my steps in.

A couple of new 49 cell propagators arrived. Labelled them up and gave one to Mrs B for the flower seeds obtained from "the seeds wanting good homes" threadSmile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 12-02-2021

Did a different YT exercise class with Mrs B, it was carnage! We were going across the living room like demented line dancersSmileSmile

Nice canal / hill top walk again plus resistance training with No.2

Moved my heated propagator as it was on a windowsill over a rad, everything had dried out!

RE: 2021 - What I did today - DaiWig - 13-02-2021

Why does work get in the way of what you really want to do? Busier than ever even in lockdown, how does that make sense? Anyway, chillies and toms in heated propogator (new toy), first earlies in the potato sacks (Duke of York and Orla), peas coming along nicely and salad leaves enjoying the heat of the hotbed - never gone below 8 degrees even when its been -4 inside the polytunnel. Hopefully fresh batch of manure coming this weekend to make another hotbed but cannot get compost locally as its not considered an essential item here in Wales!!! Thankfully, I've already got  all my seeds for the year and been reading up about saving seeds (I knew nothing about that before). Last couple of weeks, built a bench in the shed (small but beautifully formed - limited space) shadow boards for the essential tools and about to start new hobby of wood carving. As it stands, all the gear but no idea Tongue as yet! Have a great weekend everyone.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - DaiWig - 13-02-2021

(11-02-2021, 11:08 PM)Small chilli Wrote: I’ve finished emptying chilli pots!! We’ll still 7 to do , but they might miraculously have survivors in them!.
A couple of hours comparing underground drainage prices. My brain is fried.
This right here is why we have no water
Hi Chilli
Looks pretty cold to me Wink . Stay warm, it will be spring before you know it.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Eyren - 13-02-2021

I just spent some time setting up my moon gardening calendar for 2022. Yes, you read that right Big Grin

I've already reached the point of having to reschedule things, e.g. I can't sow toms etc until my new heated propagator arrives, so I wanted a "pristine" copy with the ideal dates in it. It'll need some changes eventually as the garden evolves, but this way I'll know when I should be doing stuff, not when I had to do it!

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Vinny - 13-02-2021

Walked the dog in snow drifts that came over my wellies. Angry Trying summat different with the multifuel burner..Instead of cleaning the ash out I am just putting logs on top of ash, as you would with a purpose built woodburner. Seems to be working well up to now. Cool

Potted on Heinz,Black Russian and Craigella toms, along with Dwarf Cape Gooseberries and Jalapeno chillies. Four of each in one of those long module holders with five insets. Should fit on the bedroom windowsill without too much hassle. Smile

The five different types of spuds I have chitting will have to go on the other  North facing bedroom windowsill.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 13-02-2021

Defrosted the freezer while it is still cold in the shed. Refilled the birds water. There are several large blocks of ice round it now.