Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 07-02-2021

(07-02-2021, 04:24 PM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: Washed the Saharan sand that rained on most of southern and eastern France (and much of Europe) off the little tunnel.
Topped off the empty end of the tunnel bed with compost.
Re-sowed some aubergines lost to damping off or not germinated very well - changed the compost mixture.
Pricked out peppers and some chillies.
What was all that about PP?

I saw some orange/yellow picture but didn't read the article?

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 07-02-2021

(07-02-2021, 04:04 PM)Broadway Wrote:
(07-02-2021, 03:37 PM)JJB Wrote: I'm having  great difficulty in  deciding which tomatoes to grow, so many new ones in the seed swap.  I think I have finalised the 10ish going into gh1, then try to decide what might be good outdoors and for giveaways, then go back, change my mind, then go back change my mind, then go back change my mind, so on ad infinitum.  Mother always said I was indecisive. Smile I have a plan but the plan is so fluid it is no longer a plan. SNAFU.  I do so want to try every new one.......
Similar quandary JJB although I thought I had to grow all 20 varieties?

Plus no GH, he who daresSmileSmile
Veggie's been winding you up again Smile  you don't have to grow all of them.  There's a great temptation to do so though.  My latest list is about 21 different varieties  of toms, and there's still all those chillies, aubergines and peppers to find room for  Confused there'll be lots of pots being shuffled about I fear.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 07-02-2021

We had a big southerly wind that picked up sand from the Sahara and then rained it down everywhere! There are some great photos of pink/orange cloudy skies around and all the snow had a crispy pink topping up in the Pyrenees!!

A couple of canal/village walks to get the 10k steps in.

Did a different YT fitness video with Mrs B SmileSmileSmile

Sowed some Garlic Chives and Red Veined Sorrel.

Resistance training with No.2 son.

Popped over the plot to bring some tools back, decided they will get a clean tomorrow!

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 07-02-2021

(07-02-2021, 05:46 PM)Broadway Wrote: A couple of canal/village walks to get the 10k steps in.

Popped over the plot to bring some tools back, decided they will get a clean tomorrow!

I'm exhausted just reading it Danny Smile

(07-02-2021, 06:29 PM)JJB Wrote:
(07-02-2021, 05:46 PM)Broadway Wrote: A couple of canal/village walks to get the 10k steps in.

I'm exhausted just reading it Danny Smile
It's sounds a lot more than it actually is JenSmile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 08-02-2021

Walk 10k steps plus exercises with Mrs B / No.2 SonSmile

Cleaned the tools brought back from the plot yesterday.

Snow day therefore some TV (Up to episode 5 of The Disappearance).

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Admin - 08-02-2021

Kept warm Smile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Vinny - 08-02-2021

Shovelled a bit of snow, brought the last of the logs from storage closer to the house, walked the dog a couple of times in a blizzard then spent the rest of the day making pies. Smile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Farendwoman - 09-02-2021

Threw away three pots of clary seedlings that have suddenly keeled over.
All three pots (blue, pink and white) looked really good a few days ago. They are on the windowsill in the spare room which is heated.
Suddenly, no idea why , they are all black and shrivelled.
Will have to have another go when it warms up a bit.