Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Vinny - 04-02-2021

(03-02-2021, 07:08 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Helped Bob collect firewood ( he cut it , I loaded it ). Started digging a big hole for a 9ft oak tree we acquired. It was full of very hard stuff so I’ll be starting a new hole tomorrow.
I thought you weren't bothering with a woodburner for your new house? Or do you have a woodburner in the house you live in now?

Just being nosy!  Smile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 04-02-2021

Filled the tin bath which is going to have rosemary, lavendar & thymes (thread here) with soil from a 'turf' heap I put aside at the start of 2020. Most of the creeping cinquefoil and evil grass has died but I'm going to leave it bare for another month or so before planting up just to see what appears!

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 04-02-2021

Popped over the plot first thing to check the bucket in the shed, doesn't need to be emptied today!

The raspberry trench is now a moat!

Made a list of all the seeds sowed (plus dates) this year to see what I should already give up on!

Back to the plot this afternoon to cull some of next doors brambles.

Family chess comp - 3rd/4th place play-off!! WonSmile

Edit - Forgot, had to reinstall apps on the firestick as for some reason it went back to default settings!?

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 05-02-2021

Canal/village walk to get the 10k steps in.

Started dismantling the fallen fence at the plot.

Resistance training with No.2 son.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 06-02-2021

Sowed peas (douce de Provence) and chicory (radicchio rosso di Treviso).
Filled pots with compost and brought them inside to warm up ready for pricking out sweet peppers tomorrow.
Lugged sheets of plasterboard around with MrPP.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 06-02-2021

Broadway, what's resistance training, I have noted that you have mentioned it several times in the past but I must have missed what it is

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 06-02-2021

Was out for a walk this morning, first dry day for almost a week, went down to the burn to get some sand but water was too high

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 06-02-2021

Damp canal/village walk to get the 10k steps in.

Did a YT fitness video with Mrs B SmileSmileSmile

Sorted out the seeds again, saved me buying something I didn't think I had!

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 06-02-2021

(04-02-2021, 02:43 PM)Vinny Wrote:
(03-02-2021, 07:08 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Helped Bob collect firewood ( he cut it , I loaded it ). Started digging a big hole for a 9ft oak tree we acquired. It was full of very hard stuff so I’ll be starting a new hole tomorrow.
I thought you weren't bothering with a woodburner for your new house? Or do you have a woodburner in the house you live in now?

Just being nosy!  Smile
We have one at the moment.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 06-02-2021

Today we achieved nothing we had planned. I did get very very cold, but the view was lovely.