Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Scarlet - 15-12-2021

It was fairly mild here today and a late bulb order arrived...also contained 12 heavily discounted peonies. One bag didn't have any roots in! But that's another story Wink

Anyway. I planted in 11 peonies and about 120 tulips - I have 100 anemone corms soaking in water. Will pot those up first thing in the morning.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Vinny - 15-12-2021

Yesterday my first seed order arived from Real Seeds.The laws are strange regarding selling seeds and 1p of my order was for me to be a member of Real Seeds so they could send me the seeds as a member? Others will be able to explain this better but the top and bottom of it is the laws need to be changed! Rolleyes

I also went to send some parcels at my local Royal Mail Post Office which is the local corner shop. I stood outside and affixed my facemask but was surprised to see two people come out without face masks. The shop was full inside with about six people in it, none of which wore face masks, including two shop assistants. I nearly piped up but thought I may get barred from the shop if I did. Angry I would then have to travel another 5 miles to another PO to do my posting.
I wondered whether this was the norm in small shops, people ignoring government guidlines? If the Police had entered the shop could they have enforced what I deem to be the law? Or am I just a boring old fart who should mind his own business? Huh

Apart from the above it was a mildish day and Kato and I enjoyed some long walks with a lovely red sky and sunset at the end of it! Big Grin

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 15-12-2021

Another quick visit to the plot...

Gathered up another 2 bags of leaves..

Continuing the allotment redesign/shuffle I dug up the Lovage plant and will pot it up later today. Will decide final location next year but looking at the roots I feel it will need to go back in the ground, could be wrong..

Harvested my first ever parsnipSmileSmile Thank you folks for your advice earlier in the yearSmile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Vinny - 16-12-2021

Just had a phome call from my 'Log man' to say he is loading up now. So I know what I will be doing for the rest of the day, shifting logs. Rolleyes Usually about 33 wheelbarrow loads to shift 50 yards up garden to storage area,so that will keep me occupied! Big Grin

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 16-12-2021

No needed for rockfit today then, Vinny Smile I'm off to the supermarkets braving the crowds, suitably masked up. I'm going to wear a proper one today rather than my homemade pretty one. Shame what the proper one does to the hairstyle, but who cares! Needs must.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 16-12-2021

Another quick visit to the plot...

Gathered up another 2 bags of leaves..

Planted 4 more comfrey plants into one of the pallet collar beds. I now have two pallet collar beds with 8 - 10 comfrey plants in each, mulched these with the leaves.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 16-12-2021

Dropped off some saleable stuff at a charity shop, cleaned out the chooks (needs cleaning out and their food topping up much more quickly whilst they're in lockdown), pulled up montbretia galore, pottered and mooched. Big Grin

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Vinny - 16-12-2021

Been a taxi service for my Daughters family today. Son in law is a driving instructor and his car is in the garage getting a new clutch fitted (Occupational hazzard!) I was on call to give him a lift to retrieve car from garage. As it happened car was not ready to be picked up. My Grandson got a flat tyre yesterday and had no spare so my next job was to take SIL to Tyre Fitters with both front wheels (other tyre was ropey), get two new tyres fitted then drive him to my Daughters Deli where car was parked and fit two wheels.
Just prior to all this my logs had arrived, (see piccie) so only managed to shift about one third of them on return before it got dark! Need to be up at 5am in morning to get Kato walked then drive to Daughters Deli for 8.00am to give her a hand with a big buffet order she has for tomorrow.
Hopefully it will be home after that to finish shifting logs. No rain is forecast so they should be OK where they are.
Saturday we are having a Lunch time Party for my Grandaufghters 21st birthday 40 miles from where I live so I need to buy a card tomorrow and get her a present...............and breath! Big Grin

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 16-12-2021

Present idea - 21 logs. You could number each one and write a few words on them so that, when joined together, say something meaningful.Smile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Proserpina - 17-12-2021

I came an absolute cropper on my way to work today. I ended up face down on the pavement after catching the curb with my foot. Not my finest moment! I am now nursing lots of scrapes, a very bruised knee, and a broken left ring finger (I haven't had it x-rayed as it'll just be for strapping regardless, but it's a lovely shade of purple and very painful so I'm confident in my diagnosis!)

On the one hand (the busted one!), I am very annoyed with myself as it's going to limit what I can do in the house and garden for the next few weeks. On the other hand (the scraped one), I am very lucky to have got off so lightly as if I'd gone a couple of inches to the left I would have cracked my head on the corner of a metal railing, and a few inches to the right and my head would have been straight in front of a car.

After all that, I thought I might as well have my booster jab as it couldn't make me feel much rougher. So, now everything hurts and I'm heading up for an early night. Roll on the weekend!