Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 10-12-2021

No gardening for me either - every time I started to put my shoes on the heavens opened.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 10-12-2021

Only gardening I've done is to open my GH then close it once it started going dark.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Vinny - 10-12-2021

Just returned from Rockfit where I was dressed as Santa's little helper complete with pink swim shorts and a red christmas jumper. I even had a coloured bobble hat on. Now sitting in my own personal well lit grotto at home! Big Grin

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 10-12-2021

Really need more photos - my mind is boggling. Big Grin

(10-12-2021, 09:26 PM)Veggie Wrote: Really need more photos - my mind is boggling. Big Grin
Tuff, you aint getting any more photo's! Tongue 

I sneaked out the house with a top coat on so no one would see me and bumped straight into my nextdoor neigbour who said the Police wanted to see me (eek) as they were going door to door asking if anyone had seen a rucckus up the street yesterday? I had seen it, but couldn't get in the car quick enough. Smile If the cops had seen me dressed like that they would have locked me up for certain and hoyed the key away. Smile

I also ordered my first seeds for 2022 today from Real Seeds. I ordered:-

Greek Gigantes Runner beans.....failed miserably with these the last time I grew them as I didn't put the preparation into the bed they were grown in. This year wiill be different. Rolleyes

Asturian Tree Cabbage...... A friend of mine used to grow these and I was impressed with the colour (light green) the taste and the hardiness. I think they can be grown on as a semi perennial for a couple of years also. Pigeons didn't seem to bother them which is a good thing. Smile

Sutherland Kale.......Hardy, easy and productive. Grown these before and gave me a harvest when there wasn't much else growing. Cool

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 11-12-2021

At the end of the day the house will smell of sweet baking and there should be 6-8 dozen, maybe more mince pies, luckily most of them will be going home with the lad, you can have too much of a good thing. I used to bake dozens of Christmas cakes, but these days I find we never eat ours, so don't bother with even one.

(11-12-2021, 09:36 AM)JJB Wrote: At the end of the day the house will smell of sweet baking and there should be 6-8 dozen, maybe more mince pies, luckily most of them will be going home with the lad, you can have too much of a good thing. I used to bake dozens of Christmas cakes, but these days I find we never eat ours, so don't bother with even one.

Update. After baking since 11.00am and 114 mince pies later, I'm finally sitting down with a cup of tea.  Son very kindly left a couple of dozen here for us Rolleyes . He has promised his workmates mince pies on Monday.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Vinny - 11-12-2021

(11-12-2021, 05:56 PM)JJB Wrote:
(11-12-2021, 09:36 AM)JJB Wrote: At the end of the day the house will smell of sweet baking and there should be 6-8 dozen, maybe more mince pies, luckily most of them will be going home with the lad, you can have too much of a good thing. I used to bake dozens of Christmas cakes, but these days I find we never eat ours, so don't bother with even one.

Update. After baking since 11.00am and 114 mince pies later, I'm finally sitting down with a cup of tea.  Son very kindly left a couple of dozen here for us Rolleyes . He has promised his workmates mince pies on Monday.
I bet the house smells nice as well! Cool

(11-12-2021, 06:43 PM)Vinny Wrote:
(11-12-2021, 05:56 PM)JJB Wrote:

I bet the house smells nice as well! Cool

I think it smells good, but I've gone nose blind  Sick, they did taste nice.