Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 22-11-2021

(21-11-2021, 11:52 PM)SarrissUK Wrote:
(21-11-2021, 09:20 PM)Veggie Wrote: JJB, can you ask their vet for some proper flea treatment - I don't think some of the off the shelf stuff is very good - if that's what they're using.
Sarris has a few cats - maybe she can recommend something?

I can - it's something I was constantly having to battle with at the old house, as there were so much of the little things outside. The best instant stuff is Capstar - a tablet that you give them and the fleas die within an hour or two. Then top up with spot on stuff - Advantage has worked really well for us for quite some time now, but it's good to change around.

Vets can give injections too, which are very effective, but I've not personally tried that.

For floors and material - hoover daily if not more, and spray with Indorex, daily. Materials - clothes etc, was any that have been in touch with fleas.

HOOVERING DAILY!!!  You all know my feelings about house work, that's torture Big Grin  Thanks Sarriss,  I'll look for some indorex. I'm not sure the  elderlies are capable of hoovering properly or dosing the cat with a tablet, but I'll mention it , over the phone Smile.     I'm not going in there til it's flea free.   Their inabilities hamper the solutions available.  For us I'm investigating smoke bombs, nuke the b*****rds

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Admin - 22-11-2021

There not buzzards J, there fleas Smile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 22-11-2021

Too many *****, I blame the stress Smile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 24-11-2021

I dug 3 post holes. 1 of which is usable. No massive bolder in the way.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 25-11-2021

Weeding then Emptying big pots (old chilli compost) onto my raised beds and covered them.
Partly filled 15 large pots/ tubs ready for my bulbs when they arrive .

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 25-11-2021

1. Nice sunny day so I did some washing.
2. Pegged washing on the rotary line, gave it a twirl and the post snapped and the washing line toppled over into a fuchsia and a forsythia bush.
3. Unpegged washing and pegged it out in the log store.
4. Rummaged in the garage for the old rotary line - think I replaced it because it was a struggle to put it up and down.
5. Broken-off pole removed but the other line post had to be resited nearby and it was too near he fuchsia and forsythia bushes - so had to cut them back severely.
6. Barrowed all the prunings down to the bonfire pit and burnt them.
7. Lots of smoke in the wrong direction blowing towards the log store where the cleanish washing was hanging!!

Back to square one. Big Grin

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 25-11-2021

Your words do paint a pritty picture, Veggie Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 25-11-2021

It was more smutty than pritty, Spec. Big Grin

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 26-11-2021

Not done much in the garden lately apart from collecting leaves, I've spend the last couple of afternoon sewing curtain linings a bit boring but they needed replacing.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 26-11-2021

Collected 2 ton bags of leaves.

Mulched 2 of the fruit beds with rotted leaves, will mulch the rest with the newly collected ones.

Should still leave a lot to rot down.

Been making plans for next year.