Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 30-01-2021

Stomped round the canal/village to get 10k steps in.

Sowed some seed.

Put a curtain rail up over the front door. OK its only 4 screws/raw plugs but it could still go wrong, thankfully it didn'tSmile

Popped over the plot to get my sieve, emptied the bucket in the shedSmile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 30-01-2021

I got a 3rd outdoor raised bed ready, and filled it with soil, put a net over it to keep the cats out. It was very cold & windy today and the rain started in around 3:30 so I packed it in. The bed is ready to plant some cabbage plants in hopefully tomorrow.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 30-01-2021

Have started filling a bucket with cardboard and soaking it with comfrey tea, in preparation for growing potatoes in it

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 31-01-2021

(30-01-2021, 10:26 PM)Spec Wrote: Have started filling a bucket with cardboard and soaking it with comfrey tea, in preparation for growing potatoes in it
What's the story there Spec?

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 31-01-2021

It's connected with a question that Veggie asked, that if she put potatoes down on a bit of soil 4 inches deep, then covered them with cardboard would she get a crop, so I am going to try growing potatoes in containers, using cardboard/paper, the same soaked in comfrey tea, another mixed with seaweed and one in soil, no doubt someone can direct you to that thread, but not me, I haven't a clue how to find it, other than going through every threadRolleyes

(31-01-2021, 03:41 PM)Spec Wrote: It's connected with a question that Veggie asked, that if she put potatoes down on a bit of soil 4 inches deep, then covered them with cardboard would she get a crop, so I am going to try growing potatoes in containers, using cardboard/paper, the same soaked in comfrey tea, another mixed with seaweed and one in soil, no doubt someone can direct you to that thread, but not me, I haven't a clue how to find it, other than going through every threadRolleyes
Oh ok I remember I'll go and have a lookSmile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 31-01-2021

Listened to the church service, then after lunch went out to the greenhouse and potted on some carnation cuttings, but had to call a halt to doing anything else as it was too cold, so now sitting watching the birds and by that I mean our fethered friends Smile

Stomped round the canal/village to get 10k steps in.

Family chess comp game, lostSad

Resistance training with No.2

Dug the trench for the raspberries, very boggy!

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 31-01-2021

Put the tinned food back in cupboard after if has dried out. The drains coped with a bath and three lots of washing.

Cleaned and levelled up the 200L water butt I use for comfrey.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 01-02-2021

I sowed some winter cabbage plants out in my new raised bed. I put 12 in total, I’m thinking of putting onion sets in between the cabbages any comments ?.
It was very cold and wet out there, the cabbage plants have been outside for about 2 weeks now and survived frost and snow so hopefully they will do well in the raised bed. The soil was very wet so no need to make any puddle.