Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 20-10-2021

Pulled up the last of my Runner and French bean plants, the seeds will be soaked tonight then cooked and frozen tomorrow.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 20-10-2021

Sowed broad beans, planted out beetroot into the tunnel bed (hoops are in place and the plastic might go up this weekend).
Broke down the hanging baskets and potted up the spider plants and pelargoniums. Took some cuttings too.
Stripped some more pods from the drying beans.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 21-10-2021

Lovely, sunshiny day so spent most of it in the garden - raking out more grass and weeds and clearing path edges of rotting wood. Pulled up more montbretia, lemon balm and feverfew. Also took out more tomato plants from GH No 2. Only a few stragglers left in there now.
Bess has an annoying habit of wanting to pick apples - for me to throw for her to fetch, and, ultimately to eat. Today she broke a few lower branches on the Red Sun apple tree as she seemed to think that she could climb on them to reach the fruit. I picked all the apples and stuck the broken branches in a bucket of compost. If I can get them to root, I'll forgive her.Wink
Dried 2 loads of washing on the line. Ate some raspberries!

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 21-10-2021

Went for a walk by the canal which is next to the railway. Some men were on the side of the tracks cutting down mature trees, some looked to be about 4' in diameter[Image: shocked.png]. Only a few ducks on the canal. A bird of prey glided through the trees but didn't get a good look at it, probably a kestrel, don't think it was a golden eagle.

When I got home, I trimmed the front hedge a bit but not as much vandalism as they were doing.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 21-10-2021

Maybe they were ash trees, with die-back?

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 22-10-2021

(21-10-2021, 09:43 PM)Veggie Wrote: Maybe they were ash trees, with die-back?

Or maybe too close to the track where the falling leaves would cause slippery rails, I'm sure whichever railway company it was wouldn't spend money on unnecessary jobs, they're too tight. Smile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 22-10-2021

Back from our trip to IOW and back to a decent internet connection. My tablet can only pick up a signal in one particular, inconvenient spot in the flat, why P's tablet works and gets a signal far better than mine is beyond me. I had a miserable time thank you. P was very thoughtful and considerate as I dripped, blowed, sneezed, coughed and moaned and generally made his life miserable . In fact this morning back home is the first time in 8 days I've felt remotely human. We hope to have another trip shortly to make up for it. We had some spectacular rainfall and flooding, luckily we're two flights up.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Garrett - 22-10-2021

Transplanted some self-sown foxgloves which were in sunny borders. They were moved to shadier areas. I also planted out my Halo hollyhocks sown from seed in summer.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 22-10-2021

Started thinking my raspberry hedge, cut out the old woods, plus a lot of new strays. Also cut back the wineberry which I intend digging out, it’s a pest and does not produce very much fruit.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 23-10-2021

Quick hour at the plot this morning....

Planted out 10 comfrey plants propagated from root cuttings.

Took more perennial cuttings and potted them on at home.

Harvested some kale and collards for dinner tomorrow.