Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 18-10-2021

Covered the fruit beds with cardboard.

Cleared/dumped all the bean, courgette, and squash foliage.

Covered the squash area and half the courgette area with its black matting.

Emptied the water trug from the shed!

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 18-10-2021

Off to IOW for a few days. The weather is carp and I'm miserable with a cold, I don't envy P!

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 18-10-2021

(18-10-2021, 01:26 PM)JJB Wrote: Off to IOW for a few days. The weather is carp and I'm miserable with a cold, I don't envy P!
Have fun JenSmile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 18-10-2021

(18-10-2021, 01:26 PM)JJB Wrote: Off to IOW for a few days. The weather is carp and I'm miserable with a cold, I don't envy P!
Nor me. Big Grin

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 18-10-2021

Another day with nothing done in the garden as its wet and cold, did manage to sort our bed which got broken last night Rolleyes and I bought some plywood to sort a radiator in one of the grandsons room, quite sure he stood on it to climb out the window, his father thinks the same but he says no we will find out some time need to go now as tea is about readySmile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Vinny - 18-10-2021

Dropped off a load of cardboard at the plot to give Kato a bit of room on the back seat when I take him out. Smile Laid the cardboard directly on top of frosted french bean. Noticed the foliage on the courgettes and squash has also turned black with the frost.

I live further up the bank than the allotment where we haven't had a frost yet.Allotments must be in a frost pocket at the bottom of the hill. Didn't have time to tidy those beds up so will make that a priority next time I am there. Rolleyes

I then went to Helen's grave where the foliage of the lilly's there has blackeneed but the white lillies seem OK? I need to try and find out which flowers will tolerate frost as I would like to keep at least a bunch of fresh flowers regularly on the grave. Helen loved fresh flowers.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Vinny - 19-10-2021

I'll give you three guesses what I had to do today? Rolleyes Luckily it didn't rain until my last wheelbarrow load transported 50 yards up garden to covered wood store. 32 wheelbarrow loads in total! Cry 

Just hope my knees hold out for the Rockfit session tomorrow evening! Smile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 19-10-2021

Just back home after being at a garden club, the talk tonight was about bonsai, which I found interesting but it takes about four years before you start shaping your trees, somehow I can't see me starting one, in four years I could be too busy with other thingsRolleyes

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Vinny - 20-10-2021

(19-10-2021, 09:46 PM)Spec Wrote: Just back home after being at a garden club, the talk tonight was about bonsai, which I found interesting but it takes about four years before you start shaping your trees, somehow I can't see me starting one, in four years I could be too busy with other thingsRolleyes
Being in my twilight years I often have to think deeply about buying plants, especially trees. Sick OH always liked weeping willows so I bought her one with a warning that they grew very quickly. It is the large growing variety not the dwarf ones often seen. I planted it as far away from the house as possible because of root intrusion and shading of house. It was 3 feet high when I bought it and after 4 years is only 6 feet high now. OH never got to see it mature and at the rate it is growing neither will I! Rolleyes

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 20-10-2021

Shredded the last of my tomato, aubergine, sweet peppers & chillies. Pulled up and untangled beans from the growing frame. Now going to freeze some chillies varieties , dehydrate others. After this shower passes I’ll go pick up and pack away all my bean tubs (anti vole device).