Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 26-01-2021

Forgot to post yesterday.....

Walked into town today for my INR blood test - Nice fresh start to the daySmile

Resistance training with No.2 son.

Popped over the plot to bring back some pots to pot on various plants - jeez it was cold.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 26-01-2021

Not much today, popped into town again, this time for my prescription

Went into Wilko, wasn't temptedSmile

Pruned my blueberries

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 26-01-2021

Topped one veg bed with compost and turned one heap into the 'ready for use' dalek.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 27-01-2021

Had intended using the hut as a potting shed, but after being soaked 3 or 4 times going between the hut and the greenhouse I decided to move back to the greenhouse so today I have been making a new potting bench with lights below for growing on, have now got that finished and ready to goSmile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 27-01-2021

Now need to tidy out the greenhouse, which could take several weeksRolleyes

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 27-01-2021

Took food scraps to the plot, topped up the dalek along with paper shreddings.

Brought back 4 pallet collars to repaint, didn't go to plan at the plot!

Potted on some fruit bushes.

Another family chess comp match, wonSmile

Resistance exercises with No.2 son

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Vinny - 27-01-2021

Potted on 24 Dahlia seedling and they are now on the bedroom windowsill. Took the Jalapeno's out the propagator even though only five had germinated. Looks like the Cape gooseberries are start to germinate now.

Called at plot after picking up prescriptions, 2 sacks of tablets for OH and a small package for myself. Mentioned to pharmacist that I had helped clear the shelves a bit for her...........we must cost the NHS a bladdy fortune. Rolleyes

I digress..........went to plot and was pleasantly surprised to find it wasn't covered with snow, it wasn't frozen and more importantly it wasn't flooded. Had a bit of a wander around and weighed up my plot plans in my head. All of a sudden it seems a daunting prospect but hey ho, I can't go on with this haphazard design that's there at the mo and its time to make a clean break (not of any of my bones I hope) Smile
Dropped a few plastic mesh trays off and picked up some more pots and trays. Also dropped off an old plastic bin from home which I stuck at the corner of my greenhouse as a water receptacle. I know both Veggie and SC have outdoor cleaning benches for veg and have it into my mind to do likewise next to my 1000 litre IBC for rinsing veg and a bit of outdoor potting on if need be. Just need an old sink unit now or better still a Belfast sink.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 29-01-2021

Stomped down the canal to Sainsburys as part of the 10k steps, picked up a card for my MumSmile

Another family chess comp matchSmile

Resistance exercises with No.2 son

Watched a bit of TV, Bulletproof and The Stand (I don't recommend this but now it's started you have to suffer until the crap endingSmile)

Erm - Hopefully some garden / plot stuff tomorrow!!!!!!

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Vinny - 29-01-2021

Went shopping earlier today to B&M and Lidl. I usually go to Aldi but one of the allotment plotholders said B&M has seed tatties in and Lidl had veg & flower seeds. Coole
I purchased 3 different varieties of 10 seed tatties for a fiver. I thought this was a bargain until I got home and put them out to chit. Some of them are not much bigger than a marble, and none are hens egg size which I usually aim for. Angry
Only bought beetroot seeds at Lidl (along with the weeks shopping of course.) I thought oh, that's a new variety to try Rote Kugal 2 until I got back home and read the back "Detroit 2" is not very demanding....... So much for my NEW variety.

Plot tomorrow hopefully, so looking forward to that. Smile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Farendwoman - 30-01-2021

Bought 27 small round stepping stone paving slabs from B and M.
Need them to bridge the gap between the large round slabs that used to be the correct distance apart for walking across to the dustbin and garage.
That was 20 years ago!
Nowadays the distance between them is far too wide for my legs to cope with, so I end up with muddy feet.
Just got to wait for the other half to lay gem for me. Watch this space!