Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Vinny - 04-10-2021

Yesterday I finished off stripping out my camper innards, looked at it and thought "What the hell have I done?" Sick It was a perfectly usable camper van when I bought it and now it just a shell, a blank canvas. Rolleyes
Gone are the hopes of days away this year as it will take me months to rebuild the interior the way I want it. Cry

Anyway, onward and upwards I now need to plan the interior and start building it! Big Grin

PS Wish I had taken photos of it before so I could compare a before and after!

Today is a grocery shopping and sending away ebay book sales day, with maybe a trip to allotment.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 04-10-2021

Vinny what you have now is a useable van Big Grin

all the best with your refit.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 04-10-2021

Picked up a clump of Michaelmas daisies, the short ones, split it into 10 plants and planted them in 2 groups. One group in my blue/purple flower patch and the other in with the blueberries, purple sage, ajuga, purple kale and a couple of stray beetroot patch.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 04-10-2021

Went a walk with the dogs and got absolutely soaked, once home and changed and then decided to hang a tent up in the greenhouse to dry, have been trying to dry it off for the past week or so, every time I hung it out there has been a downpour shortly after, its a large tent, 4mts. X4mts. so not a thing to wrap up quickly, just hope the attempt to dry in the greenhouse is successful, this afternoon I gave a presentation about walks in the local hills, and tonight I am going to a talk at a local Burns Club, from never being out to busy, busy, busy. Rolleyes

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Garrett - 04-10-2021

I just did a few cuttings of my pineapple sage to overwinter. Also, took some cuttings of a fuchsia "hawkshead" which I want to plant in a few different places next year.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 06-10-2021

I actually did a days work in my garden yesterday. 2 tunnels are very nearly shut down for the winter. Loads of things ripped out & shredded. Also put a little wire fence around my sweet peppers (what’s left of them ) to try and stop the voles eating them. Little furry **it’s have had over 50% of them already. Don’t know how they getting in to peppers. They’re planted in a double height fish box.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Admin - 06-10-2021

Yesterday was cutting Crown Prince and butternut, a bit earlier than I would like but night time temps are set to drop.

3 plants gave 19 butternuts and 3 plants gave 4 Crown Prince.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 06-10-2021

Cut JA's stems down to 6inch, pulled up nettles for the bucket.. The bean tripods took a battering in the wind so I tied that to a wall bracket not to many beans left.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 06-10-2021

Picked lots of tomatoes and pulled up another plant.
Planted some spinach, chard and frilly mustard seedlings in the GH, now that there's a bit of space.
Cleaned out the chooks.
Refused the offer of a Rhode Island red hen or is it a cockerel - that needs a home.
Collected 5 copies of "The Idler" magazine - I was late. Wonder when I'll find time to read them. Smile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 06-10-2021

Made myself another bench from a door & broken scaffold boards. For plants & cuttings that are waiting to go into the new garden. Sorted out all the plants. They all got Weeded, dead headed & pruned where necessary. Then sorted into new bench, slightly sheltered bench, polytunnel or barrow. Potted on some of them. There’s more to do.