Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - SarrissUK - 30-09-2021

(30-09-2021, 11:35 AM)JJB Wrote:
(29-09-2021, 10:18 PM)SarrissUK Wrote: Today I have mostly bought seeds. Premier seeds direct give 20% off if you buy 5 packs or more, so I had to buy 7. Smile

Welsh onion seeds, yellow golden courgette, orange banana tomatoes, black cherry toms, crown prince squash, old german tomato seeds and some aubretia seeds just to mix it up a little.

Thanks Sarriss,  I didn't know PSD did a discount, their seeds are pretty cheap anyway, I'll go have a look.  I often wish their website would save your basket for later looking but they don't, I have to write myself notes to remind me what I might want.

On fleabay, not their website Smile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Garrett - 01-10-2021

Pulled out my remaining french marigolds out in the garden and replaced them with the wallflowers I'd grown from seed.

Broadcast a box of lawn seed as there are bare patches in several areas. Rain is forecast here for tonight and all day tomorrow so wanted to get that done.

Also found a self sown bacopa in the garden so dug it up to overwinter in a pot for next year.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 01-10-2021

Stayed dry today, so I did some tumble weeding of paths with the chooks. Once the "middle of the garden" paths are done, I'm going to start clearing the old paths that have been left to grow over this year. (Trying to make it sound like a deliberate plan, rather than sheer laziness).
Cleared more tomato plants from the GH and cut back the remainder. Lots of self seeded lettuce, spinach, kale, rocket and chard popping up and some tomato seedlings!! This is the "No Sow" garden method. Smile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Admin - 02-10-2021

Went for a swim over the plots! Spent the afternoon varnishing the bottom half of my wooden seed labels.

Purchased a frozen turkey crown and ordered a pig quarter and lamb half plus 6 breast of lamb

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 02-10-2021

^^^ Most people get by on a £3 Meal deal for lunch. Tongue
Too wet to do anything outdoors so I've been sorting seeds again. Smile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 03-10-2021

The sun's out so continued clearing up for the winter. Bean sticks and netting away, dying vegetation into the compost. Picked yet another ice cream tub of blackberries. They've gone so soft, plump and juicy after the rain my hands are blue from blackberry staining. Luckily caught them before botritis set in.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 03-10-2021

Picked the remaining beets and sweetcorn, all put in the freezer.

Picked some spinach/chard to go with tea.

Dumped veg waste in one of the troughs, I have 2 that I intend to layer with veg waste/spent compost/grass cuttings so they are basically large bean trenches.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 03-10-2021

Prepared an area for garlic and autumn onion sets. If the weather is OK tomorrow that's what I'll be doing. Did a bit of no dig - it was where I dug up potatoes so just raked level then went over with a hoe.

Picked 4 courgettes and checked the cucumber plant. It has 3 growing, one plump at one end but pointy at the other and 2 smaller ones. Not sure if the pointy one will develop much more now.The red spider damage appears to be abating on it but it is coming to the end any way.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 03-10-2021

Potted up some basil plants that I'd rooted in water its getting a bit cool in the GH so they'll be staying indooors from now on along with the chilli plant.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 03-10-2021

Too wet again to do much outside.
Dead headed and tidied up the 6 Dianthus "Pink Kisses" that I bought cheap yesterday. They look more presentable now.
Picked the last "Buckles Black" Runner Beans for drying and seed saving.
Now seed sorting.Smile