Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 28-09-2021

Pulled up another courgette and a squash that's finished, then took my Chilli plant indoors for what will hopefully be its 2nd winter.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 29-09-2021

(28-09-2021, 02:34 PM)JJB Wrote: Collected all the drying beans left up in the hope of drying some more, as rain came early this morning,  so decided they needed to dry indoors. Then attempted to take down the net/canes but got rained off.
Hi Jen

Did you remove them from the vine or cart the lot in to dry?

I have some brown, some papery, and some still green, should I bring them all in now given the weather??

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Admin - 29-09-2021

I leave them on the vine and hang them in the greenhouse

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Garrett - 29-09-2021

Cleared my dwarf french beans and french marigolds and replaced them with the sweet william I grew from seed earlier this summer.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 29-09-2021

(29-09-2021, 06:23 PM)Broadway Wrote:
(28-09-2021, 02:34 PM)JJB Wrote: Collected all the drying beans left up in the hope of drying some more, as rain came early this morning,  so decided they needed to dry indoors. Then attempted to take down the net/canes but got rained off.
Hi Jen

I have some brown, some papery, and some still green, should I bring them all in now given the weather??

I'm not the right person to ask, but because of the weather I've taken them off the vine in all stages of dryness, attempted to identify the variety,  and put them in separate trays to dry off in the shed. Then today I've taken the beans down, chopped up the sweetcorn stalks , dug up dried and dying squash plants and put the lot on the compost.  It's very satisfying filling up a compost bin. Smile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - SarrissUK - 29-09-2021

Today I have mostly bought seeds. Premier seeds direct give 20% off if you buy 5 packs or more, so I had to buy 7. Smile

Welsh onion seeds, yellow golden courgette, orange banana tomatoes, black cherry toms, crown prince squash, old german tomato seeds and some aubretia seeds just to mix it up a little.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 30-09-2021

Last evening I went to the theatre for the first time in ages, saw September in the Rain, a duologue about a Yorkshire couple reminiscing about all their trips to Blackpool for their holidays, thoroughly enjoyed it.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 30-09-2021

(29-09-2021, 10:18 PM)SarrissUK Wrote: Today I have mostly bought seeds. Premier seeds direct give 20% off if you buy 5 packs or more, so I had to buy 7. Smile

Welsh onion seeds, yellow golden courgette, orange banana tomatoes, black cherry toms, crown prince squash, old german tomato seeds and some aubretia seeds just to mix it up a little.

Thanks Sarriss,  I didn't know PSD did a discount, their seeds are pretty cheap anyway, I'll go have a look.  I often wish their website would save your basket for later looking but they don't, I have to write myself notes to remind me what I might want.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 30-09-2021

(29-09-2021, 07:34 PM)Admin Wrote: I leave them on the vine and hang them in the greenhouse
Cheers Boss

I might see if the old boy on the plot next door will let me use his for that. I've tapped him up about using his 2 GH's next year, hopefully he'll say yesSmile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 30-09-2021

(29-09-2021, 10:09 PM)JJB Wrote:
(29-09-2021, 06:23 PM)Broadway Wrote:
Hi Jen

I'm not the right person to ask, but because of the weather I've taken them off the vine in all stages of dryness, attempted to identify the variety,  and put them in separate trays to dry off in the shed. Then today I've taken the beans down, chopped up the sweetcorn stalks , dug up dried and dying squash plants and put the lot on the compost.  It's very satisfying filling up a compost bin. Smile
Cheers Jen

Mine are in varying states.