Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 24-09-2021

Planted 6 seedling Physalis in the GH to give me some fruit overwinter, I hope. Planted them in a trough so that I can move it out in spring; they spread too easily in the bed.Smile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 24-09-2021

Pulled up and composted the courgettes and cucs that's finished along with bolted lettuce and spinach.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Garrett - 26-09-2021

Planted out the forget-me-nots I'd sown from seed, collected some marigold and morning glory seed, harvested some tomatoes and sowed some sweet peas.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 26-09-2021

Removed the aubergines that only produced flowers and not one fruit, that was my last go at growing them never again.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 26-09-2021

Potted up a Christmas cactus cutting (taken by accidentWink. Its rooted well in a jar of water.
Split more of the tough runner beans and extracted the bean seeds for the freezer/eating.
Took out a couple of tired tomato plants from GH No.2. I'll reuse the pots of compost for something overwinter.
Found that laying cardboard over a grassed path may not be such a good idea - unless you're a mouse looking for a home - 4 mice to be exact - they scuttled out from under the cardboard as I walked on it, Hope I didn't squash any.!!
Collected and built a children's playhouse for the chooks to play in.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 26-09-2021

Second length of hedge cut and shredded.
Today was also meadow cutting day. I walked through removing obvious creatures, then Mr PP did half a cut at a time on the highest setting of the ride-on while I walked just ahead herding wildlife! 7 praying mantis, 2 Duke of burgundy fritillary, a vole, a toad, loads of leaf hoppers and a handful of great green grasshoppers. Went back in the dark just now and I saw a number of fox moth caterpillars, the size of my palm! Tomorrow I have to deal with the huge pile of grass!

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 27-09-2021

Finally managed to get back in, I lost my connection to G&G and after several attempts over the week I have no managed to get logged inRolleyes

RE: 2021 - What I did today - SarrissUK - 27-09-2021

Today I've done nothing much in the garden other than coming to the conclusion that I was too quick to think I had solved my problem with my chicken eating her own eggs. I bought three plastic eggs a while ago, which worked for a few days, but she's figured it out and is eating her eggs again. I will have to get a purpose built perch that hides the eggs from her :/

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 28-09-2021

Farmer Piles dropped the manure off last night so I went over this morning and moved about half onto my plot before fatigue kicked in.

Moved 15 trugs in volume.

[attachment=3993]

[attachment=3992]

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 28-09-2021

Collected all the drying beans left up in the hope of drying some more, as rain came early this morning, so decided they needed to dry indoors. Then attempted to take down the net/canes but got rained off.