Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Farendwoman - 18-09-2021

(18-09-2021, 10:25 AM)SarrissUK Wrote: Fitzroy is beautiful!!
He certainly is - and he likes Shreddies!

RE: 2021 - What I did today - SarrissUK - 18-09-2021

Beautiful day today! Today I have planted two hydrangeas in front of a shed, four climbers (passion flower, clematis, honeysuckle) in front of the black shed and put up trellis for it to climb. A wisteria that I bought last year but kept potted has found its final place along the fence that gets lots of warmth and sunshine. A bay tree also planted on the corner of the black shed, to give a bit of structure.

I made the decision that all raspberries will go the far end of the summer house, so they are tucked away but still get sunshine most of the day. That will mean lifting concrete though, so I'm not in a hurry with that lol

I've also put together the three square compost bins I got from Te$co for £7.50 each and they fit perfectly along the fence on the other side of the garden.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 18-09-2021

Not much today we've been out to a Woodland Festival, lots of crafts to look at and try then demos to watch. Smile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 18-09-2021

A lovely lady brought me a baby banana plant (with pup) and some chocolate mint as a swap for some perennial leek bulbils and I off-loaded some cuttings of Pineapple Sage and a couple of mints on her. She's moving from large house, large garden to small house, small garden and wants to take every plant she has with her as cuttings. She made a vague promise of dropping off some blackcurrant sage and some other plants on me in a couple of weeks. We'd never met before but the first she said was "Nice to meet another crazy plant lady!". Am I so transparent?
Another lady dropped off some under-bed drawers (plastic) which will be great for seed trays and pots in the GH.
Took cuttings of Eau-de-Cologne mint and the Chocolate mint.
Did some more tumble weeding of paths and pulling baby dock out of the patch where I'm going to throw the wildflower seed bombs. They look a bit like animal poo Wink
Starting moving my seed stash into the spare bedroom that is turning into a book and seed library. Need a lot more shelves/cupboards!

Farendwoman - Farendwoman - 19-09-2021

(18-09-2021, 09:11 AM)Farendwoman Wrote: Released Fitzroy from the junk room where he had been locked all night. 
I did wonder wonder why he didn’t come to bed with me and his brother last night - AND what all the strange bumps in the night were.
One good thing though (well two actually as he didn’t disgrace himself) was that he managed to dislodge and reveal a large box of Shreddies that we didn’t know we still had. They must’ve been on offer at some time and my husband was panicking and stocking up on food before lockdown.
Good job nobody in this house cares about sell by dates!
Big brother must be listening to me .....i got this in my news feed today.
Who stockpiled all the Shreddies?
[attachment=3943]

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 20-09-2021

I got home this afternoon after being away for the weekend on a concertina music festival weekend. I had a great time made loads of new friends, lots of music and a fair few pints of Guinness. What more can a man ask for. Smile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 21-09-2021

Planted the 2 gooseberries and loganberries purchased from Aldi. Also planted a Sloe and Tayberry.

Harvested the last of the potatoes and some sweetcorn.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 21-09-2021

Roasted tomatoes for sauce

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Garrett - 21-09-2021

I had to clear a bed for the red gooseberry bushes I got last week so lifted and divided some old day lilies and moved them elsewhere.

I planted 90 tête-á-tête daffodils. Lots more planting to do tomorrow, happy the forecast is good.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 21-09-2021

Did more GH tomato de-leafing.
Remind me next year not to plant courgettes in the GH unless in pots. Flipping things are sprawling everywhere and I'm not strong-willed enough to pull them out!
Split a pot of Allium Quattro F1 into 6. Saved the seed heads but I don't expect them to be worth growing.
Saved seeds from the GH Basil, took cuttings from the non-seeding stems, and planted 2 pots in the GH bed where they may. or may not, overwinter/selfseed.
Acquired some fresh Agapanthus seeds so sowed them in a tray, covered with vermiculite and crossed my fingers that they'll grow.