Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 11-09-2021

EDIT - What JJB says. Sorry I didn't see your reply first.!

VOIP = Voice over Internet Protocol.
Instead of having a phone line to the house, the phone is plugged into the Modem. The downside is - if there's a power cut, you lose your phone signal so need a mobile for emergencies.
There was no way that I could opt out of being switched to VOIP. I think that all phone signals will be VOIP eventually and phone lines will be a thing of the past.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 11-09-2021

I wove all my onions onto a rope then hung in the shed to store. Paul doesn't know it yet but he's going to band his head on them Smile Finally gave a hosta the heavens ho and planted up winter pansies in its pot. Weeded, tidied up pots of dead stuff.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 11-09-2021

Thanks girls, I have that already, but don't like it as I had to install a wire from router to the phone and reposition the phone as I couldn't get the wire through 2 doorways without it showing, I just don't find it dependable as the sound isn't as good as hard wired, plus when I switch off the router I have no phone

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 11-09-2021

Put more onions into the hut for storage and planted up two more tubs of potatoes, also altered a couple of shelves in the hut for holding some plastic boxes that I have aquiered

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 11-09-2021

Picked a load of tomatoes, trimmed up some of the tomato plants, pulled up others that were finished. Weeded a raised bed and got it ready for my garlic. Weeded and transplanted some brassicas sprouts, cabbage, broccoli and pulled some and threw in the compost bin as they were totally infested with caterpillars and eggs. Put the 2 bowls of toms together and took a picture for the competition.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 11-09-2021

Cleared (rather daughter did) lots of bramble and nettles from round our wildlife pond (she dug it several years ago). Can now get to see the state it is in. The water level is very low. Hopefully that is because of all the water reeds that have been permitted to grow. These have all been pulled out. It will be filled up over winter from water butts. Hopefully it doesn't leak as I've no idea how you would locate one if it did.
Picked the last 20 apples off the katy tree as payment with a bag of greengages. She was also allowed 1/2 the ginger biscuits her son made while she was round the pond.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 12-09-2021

Was having a look at the garden today, planning how I was going to alter the layout, as I will need to move a gate in the fence went over into the field at the back to check where I will put a small bridge over a ditch, now discovered I will need to remove the ash tree in the boundary hedge as it looks like it's dieing, I made some enquiries and found out that the council are planning on removing all the ash trees from council property as ash die back? seems to be widespread in this area

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Garrett - 15-09-2021

Sunny today so planted 24 allium "purple sensation" in my ornamental herb bed. I also planted out six dianthus "Doris" I'd taken cuttings of in early summer. Gave the bed a nice mulch to tuck everything in for autumn.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 15-09-2021

Planted 5 Echinacea in my expanding flower garden.
Did more raking out of weeds helped by the chooks.
Picked tomatoes and apples and took them to my brother, with the Bottle of Vodka I won in the raffle to pass on to his granddaughter whose favourite tipple its is. Don't worry, she's not a baby; she has an evening job in a pub!
Did some tomato tying up and deleafing.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 16-09-2021

Popped to Aldi for some fruit bushes

Took and planted some rosemary, thyme, and bay cuttings.

Ordered some muck from farmer pilesSmile