Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Vinny - 09-09-2021

Lazy day today, walked dog earlier, made devilled eggs for lunch (wasn't impressed) then I've spent the afternoon trying to sort out my daughters receipts from her Deli into something a bit more intelligible to make her accountancy time a bit easier! I would much rather be wielding a hammer or a hoe though! Big Grin

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 09-09-2021

Nice looking flowers Vinny Smile

Nothing as exciting from me all I've done today in the garden is to shove half a dozen strawberry running into plant pots pegging them down with a bit of wire.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - SarrissUK - 09-09-2021

Beautiful work Vinny! I'm so impressed!

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 10-09-2021

Took out two cucs that had finished, washed the self watering matting and trays. Mixed the used compost with some from a Dalek then I plan to replant with lettuce.
Weeded the GH border picked Toms and oregano to roast while the ovens on later.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 11-09-2021

Went to my first rugby match with my wife in nearly 2 years, we treated ourselves to dinner in a pub before the match, had a really nice evening, no beer at the match because of Covid guidelines so had a few Guinness when I got home and she had a large G&T

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 11-09-2021

Today will be a weeding exercise plus picking toms, grass cutting and general tidy up in the tunnel.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 11-09-2021

Currently we're battling both British Gas and Southern Electricity on behalf of neighbours. Each phone call is 30min to get through...at least 7 calls later we're no further forward. The rottweiler (i.e. Paul) is getting to exploding point. This in addition to him battling BT who are forcing us onto VOIP without our consent. Life's a little stressful. Smile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 11-09-2021

I feel for you Jen. I have to renegotiate my car insurance this week and that's stressful enough. I was moved to VOIP too. Fortunately, my old phones worked with it as BT only give you one phone which isn't much good when you need 3 scattered around the house.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 11-09-2021

Whats VOIP?

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 11-09-2021

(11-09-2021, 04:39 PM)Spec Wrote: Whats VOIP?
Voice over Internet protocol. BT are plannin on cutting off all their copper wires that supply the telephone and forcing customers to use the Internet to make phone calls.  All 4 of our existing phone are of no use by next week and you can't buy an equivalent design phone for the Internet.  At the moment if we have a power cut,  the copper wires will still work to use the phone. With VoIP if the leccy goes down so does the internet and therefore your phone too.  In an emergency you have to rely on mobile signal which isn't the reliable here, plus my phone is never on.  Let's hope we don't have an emergency. Smile
Any technical bods out there , feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.