Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 07-09-2021

Mulched the 4 fruit beds with grass.

Harvested a wheelbarrow of spinach, currently freezing into blocks.

Harvested some tomatoes, a cucumber, and a few chilli's.

Cleared out some potted chilli's and aubergines as I'd neglected themSad

A bit of general tidying at the plot, a lot more to go!

A home dug up one of Mrs B's bushes, at her requestSmile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - SarrissUK - 07-09-2021

(07-09-2021, 11:31 AM)Broadway Wrote: Mulched the 4 fruit beds with grass.

I hope to have so much spinach one day lol Do you wilt it down before you freeze it? Do you use an ice cube tray or similar??

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 07-09-2021

(07-09-2021, 12:58 PM)SarrissUK Wrote:
(07-09-2021, 11:31 AM)Broadway Wrote: Mulched the 4 fruit beds with grass.

I hope to have so much spinach one day lol Do you wilt it down before you freeze it? Do you use an ice cube tray or similar??
Hiya Sarriss

I wilt for about a minute. I'm freezing it in some rubber mini loaf molds, they are 2 x 4 inches, ish.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 08-09-2021

Generally harvesting, watering greenhouses and praying for some overnight rain. Cleared all the pine needles from the greenhouse gutters just in case.
Taking pictures for the harvest festival.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Vinny - 08-09-2021

Did some outdoor blacksmithing today on my new anvil! Smile I have a protect that requires steel roses, leaves and stems. They take a long time to make but its quite satisfying when the come together. Cool
The leaves and stems to be, are made from some scrap I found at the allotment gates.(Recycled) 

If these piccies upload OK one is of four hours work making leaves and stems from the scrap  rusty metal you can see at the top of the picture. The other is a steel rose which took a similar amount of time to make! Rolleyes I have another two roses to make of varying sizes and probably another dozen leaves to make for my project, Spent most off the day topless with a leather apron on!  Shy

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 08-09-2021

They're beautiful, Vinny. A real work of art and love. x

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 09-09-2021

Truly magnificent, you're a master craftsman Vinny. Is the idea of a plaited beard so you can keep it away from the furnace easilySmile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 09-09-2021

[attachment=3849]

Is this you, Vinny? The beard looks right. Smile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 09-09-2021

(08-09-2021, 09:58 PM)Vinny Wrote: Did some outdoor blacksmithing today on my new anvil! Smile I have a protect that requires steel roses, leaves and stems. They take a long time to make but its quite satisfying when the come together. Cool
The leaves and stems to be, are made from some scrap I found at the allotment gates.(Recycled) 

If these piccies upload OK one is of four hours work making leaves and stems from the scrap  rusty metal you can see at the top of the picture. The other is a steel rose which took a similar amount of time to make! Rolleyes I have another two roses to make of varying sizes and probably another dozen leaves to make for my project, Spent most off the day topless with a leather apron on!  Shy
What Veggie and Jen said, nice one fellaSmile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Vinny - 09-09-2021

(09-09-2021, 11:42 AM)Veggie Wrote: Is this you, Vinny? The beard looks right. Smile
I couldn't even lift a hammer that size now..............I used to though for a living! Smile Where I worked I had about 20 hammers ranging from not much smaller than that guys mel to toffee hammers. You would look at a steel plate, scratch your chin and say "Now what size hammer shall I use for this job" In between jobs you got a broken bottle and shaved down the hammer shafts until they were a perfect fit for your hand then you dunked the head in a bosh of water so the wood would swell and the head wouldn't fly off when you used it. Big Grin