Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 31-08-2021

I'm planting out today. Now you all know what a numpty I am with flowers, I know their names and such, but am useless at design flowering times etc to get the good effect.

There's only 12 plants for two beds so how hard can it be??
Nepeta 6 Hills giant
Ajuga burgandy glow
Verbena bonariensis
Geum Lady Strthenden
Thrift
Penstemon strawberry and cream
Poppy beauty of livermore
Rudbeckia goldstrum
Coreopsis early sunrise
Liatris kobold
Shasta daisy Madonna
Alchemilla thriller

I shall need to describe the colours, habit, flowering period and height to neighbour as I think he would like input as to where things should go. An interesting morning ahead. Meanwhile P is fixing neighbour's ride on mower, but I fear neighbour might try to use it!

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 31-08-2021

Removed Sweet peas they were covered in green fly so very sticky.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 31-08-2021

I've been GH Juggling!
To make enough room in GH No3 for the Baby Changing Table - soon to be Potting table, I had to move out a shelving rack that has been used to store pots and trays.
Step 1, remove all pots & trays, put them anywhere in the GH.
Step 2 - move rack to GH No 1
Step 3 - move plants that were in the way
Step 4 - reassemble rack around cucumber plant and its cane.
Step 5 - find all scattered pots and start sorting into sizes - get bored and bung them into any stack they'll fit.
Step 6 - Move Baby thingy into position and stack it with all the pots that are still unsorted.

I may need a week to complete this.Wink

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 01-09-2021

^^^likely to keep you out of mischief for a short while then Big Grin

RE: 2021 - What I did today - SarrissUK - 01-09-2021

Yesterday I tackled the front garden.

Before picture with white gravel - full of weeds, metal flowers and weed suppressant fabric.
[attachment=3755]
I removed the metal flowers and filled the top raised bed with compost, planted an established rose that I brought with me from the old house, surrounded by little roses.
The bigger, bottom planter for weeded and all the gravel and weed fabric removed, lots of new plants planted in there. It just needs a bit of mulch as it's really quite sandy soil in there.
[attachment=3756]

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 01-09-2021

(01-09-2021, 02:29 PM)SarrissUK Wrote: Yesterday I tackled the front garden.

Before picture with white gravel - full of weeds, metal flowers and weed suppressant fabric.

I removed the metal flowers and filled the top raised bed with compost, planted an established rose that I brought with me from the old house, surrounded by little roses.
The bigger, bottom planter for weeded and all the gravel and weed fabric removed, lots of new plants planted in there. It just needs a bit of mulch as it's really quite sandy soil in there.
Looking good SarrissSmile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 01-09-2021

A vast improvement Sarriss

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 01-09-2021

A bit more GH juggling and some tomato plant deleafing. A bit of mental replanning at the veg end too, now that I have a shedload of cardboard to play with.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 02-09-2021

Yesterday checked the apples, courgettes, raspberries and tomatoes.
dug up a row of potatoes
covered leeks with fleece / micromesh, half & half to hopefully keep out allium leaf miners
put tiles under all the squash I could find.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 02-09-2021

(29-08-2021, 11:50 AM)Broadway Wrote: The last couple of days I've been sorting seeds, trays, and plans for next year not forgetting lessons learnt.

I had my hospital procedure Thursday so can't really do much else for the next week apart from watch TV and ask the odd silly question on hereSmile
Probably too much info but had my catheter removed this morning, will hopefully get to the plot tomorrowSmile