Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 18-08-2021

I squashed/trampled a trugful of perennial kale seed heads to extract the seeds - a long job because every seed deserves a life.Wink All the leftover stalks and pods went in the chook run for them to kick around. Any kale that grows there will be their reward!!
This afternoon I went on path maintenance (my way!). I rake the edges of the paths and drag the grass and buttercups into a heap that stays on the path, suffocating the weeds beneath, until my next visit - when I move the heap along the path, clear the ground beneath and add more weeds to it. Its like a rolling compost heap. Smile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 19-08-2021

Sowed seeds pricked out basil (lemon, neopolitan, giant leaved thai & genovese) and january king cabbages.
Potted on three judas tree seedlings grown from a pod pinched off a neighbour's tree!
Planted out some more parsnips in loo rolls - they are still germinating 4-5 months on.
Planted out parsley.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 19-08-2021

Finally planted my 3 blueberry bushes into a bed at the plot.

Booked my flu jab for September.

Finalised details of my hospital procedure next Thursday. Need a covid test Mon then isolate Tue/Wed although I need to go to hospital both days for an INR test.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 19-08-2021

(19-08-2021, 12:53 PM)Broadway Wrote: Finally planted my 3 blueberry bushes into a bed at the plot.

Finalised details of my hospital procedure next Thursday. Need a covid test Mon then isolate Tue/Wed although I need to go to hospital both days for an INR test.

Hope all goes to plan, Danny, best of luck.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 19-08-2021

Cheers Jen

Fed up so need it sortedSmile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Admin - 19-08-2021

Shifted 6 tonne of gravel with the OH from the front to the back of the house. Probably won't be able to move tomorrow!

RE: 2021 - What I did today - SarrissUK - 19-08-2021

I hope all goes well Danny!

Veggie, I just love the idea of a rolling compost heap to manage the weeds on the path lol

Today I have picked tomatoes from the greenhouse from plants that the previous owner so kindly left there for us, and checked in on the bougainvillea cuttings I took in Crete and I'm pleased that all of them look happy so far!

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 19-08-2021

(19-08-2021, 10:30 PM)SarrissUK Wrote: Veggie, I just love the idea of a rolling compost heap to manage the weeds on the path lol
Its my version of Tumbleweed.Wink

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 20-08-2021

(19-08-2021, 09:23 AM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: Sowed seeds pricked out basil (lemon, neopolitan, giant leaved thai & genovese) and january king cabbages.
Potted on three judas tree seedlings grown from a pod pinched off a neighbour's tree!
Planted out some more parsnips in loo rolls - they are still germinating 4-5 months on.
Planted out parsley.
PP is it not a bit late in the year to be pricking out basil or is it different in the Pyrenees  ?

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 20-08-2021

(19-08-2021, 12:53 PM)Broadway Wrote: Finally planted my 3 blueberry bushes into a bed at the plot.

Good luck with your procedure Danny. I hope all goes well for you.