Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 09-08-2021

Cut back the mint and added it and some shredded paper to the hotbin.
Cut down 2 hazel trees and a buddleia that were getting too big, shredded the branches and spread the shreddings in the chicken run, on a path and I'll be bagging the rest for the hotbin.
Sowed lots of old carrot seeds and crossed my fingers.
Collected some apples that Bessie had picked. She wants to play with them, I want to eat them. We don't agree about this.Wink

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Vinny - 09-08-2021

In between showers of rain managed to get my lawns cut. Rolleyes Also gave my wild meadow area its once a year cut and raked it up.
Took green  lawn cuttings to allotment and spread them around leeks,beetroot and savoy cabbages. Smile
The other dozen bags of hay are ready to go to allotment tomorrow to be used as veg bed mulch. Cool

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 10-08-2021

Fed courgettes cucs and toms with comfrey, tied up sweet peas that had been bashed around in the wind, shopped and went for a walk.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 10-08-2021

Planted out two gooseberries and three blackberry plants at the plot.

Bought onions back from the plot and placed them on the drying rack.

Bought back 5 wild garlic plants from the plot. These were in individual pots however I've decided to pot them in one of the pots vacated by the fruit bushes.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 10-08-2021

Early morning trimming of apple tree and picked a few bigguns that were dragging the branches down.
Unpacked a delivery of plants from Norfolk Herbs. Big Grin Beautifully packed, very healthy plants. A mixture of herbs, flowers and scented pelargoniums.
Then went out to collect 5 free gardening books and into Morries on the way back where I swooped on a lot of yellow stickered fish and meat.
De-buttercupped a patch this evening in readiness for planting i up tomorrow.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 11-08-2021

Cut down my JA's to 3ft they were shading my french and runner bean.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 11-08-2021

(11-08-2021, 08:36 AM)Bren Wrote: Cut down my JA's to 3ft they were shading my french and runner bean.
Hi Bren

When do you harvest your JA's?

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 11-08-2021

(11-08-2021, 10:36 AM)Broadway Wrote:
(11-08-2021, 08:36 AM)Bren Wrote: Cut down my JA's to 3ft they were shading my french and runner bean.
Hi Bren

Usually after the first frost  Danny,  but I have dug up a few before if i've run out of frozen ones,   I've still got a bag full in the freezer from March so I might not need to this year.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 11-08-2021

(11-08-2021, 02:12 PM)Bren Wrote:
(11-08-2021, 10:36 AM)Broadway Wrote:
Hi Bren

Usually after the first frost  Danny,  but I have dug up a few before if i've run out of frozen ones,   I've still got a bag full in the freezer from March so I might not need to this year.
Thanks Bren

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 11-08-2021

Whilst struggling to clear the brambles, ivy and sundry weeds that have been encroaching from the side fence I had a thought. "If you can't get into an area to weed it, you need a path through it" - so that's what I've been doing today. Clearing enough ground to move the side path closer to the fence. Still have some holly and ash saplings to dig up and plenty of brambles but its coming!! This path is at a lower level to the original, so it'll be a sunken path. Stop me now before I have even more crazy ideas.Big Grin