Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 14-07-2021

(12-07-2021, 10:17 PM)Vinny Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 07:26 PM)Spec Wrote: Vinny I have just come across your sad news, so sorry for your great loss, my heart felt sympathy, God bless
Thanks Spec. Just wish it was all over and done with as the funeral is not until 22nd July. What I've been doing today is clearing her clothes and taking them to the local Boy Scouts charity. Lots of tears as various clothes bring back memories. I have picked a beautiful photo of her in her wedding dress 48 years ago for the  front of the funeral service leaflet and a photo of this gorky looking teenager with her (me) for the back of the leaflet.
I intend doing a Eulogy and have had it typed out. Problem is that every time I read it I am blinded by emotion. I will read it out every day until the funeral in the hope I will be able to get through it on the day. I have also volunteered for pallbearing duties along with my two sons and son in law.
My thoughts are with you fella.

I did an eulogy at my Grandad & Dad's but was too upset when it came to my Nan's.

God bless

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 14-07-2021

Ventured into the raspberry cage (3 GH frames covered in debris netting). Its a bit tight under the armpits in there with all the canes going in the wrong directions and a lot of unwanted ferns and moss at ground level.
I think the debris netting is holding the moisture in and the soil doesn't dry out properly - hence the ferns and moss. I removed as much as I could and cut out some of the old canes that have finished fruiting for the year. It wasn't easy because I had company - 3 dogs and 3 chickens, all wanting to eat raspberries and getting in my way.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 14-07-2021

Stone picking. Hole filling. Fruit harvesting.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 14-07-2021

Broad beans have finished so cleared them out and planted out some wallflower seedlings in the space. Picked, pruned, planted and pottered. A hot day with it promising even hotter by the weekend, I'll be seriously watering soon.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 14-07-2021

(12-07-2021, 10:17 PM)Vinny Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 07:26 PM)Spec Wrote: Vinny I have just come across your sad news, so sorry for your great loss, my heart felt sympathy, God bless
Thanks Spec. Just wish it was all over and done with as the funeral is not until 22nd July. What I've been doing today is clearing her clothes and taking them to the local Boy Scouts charity. Lots of tears as various clothes bring back memories. I have picked a beautiful photo of her in her wedding dress 48 years ago for the  front of the funeral service leaflet and a photo of this gorky looking teenager with her (me) for the back of the leaflet.
I intend doing a Eulogy and have had it typed out. Problem is that every time I read it I am blinded by emotion. I will read it out every day until the funeral in the hope I will be able to get through it on the day. I have also volunteered for pallbearing duties along with my two sons and son in law.
Vinny, eulogies are hard at the best of time, but for you life’s partner it must be really difficult for you, one little tip for you, before you start to give it, turn your head over your right shoulder and give her a smile, she will be there right behind you to give you the strength to get through it. All our thoughts and best wishes are with you during this difficult time. God bless you.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Vinny - 14-07-2021

(14-07-2021, 12:48 PM)Broadway Wrote: Harvested shallots and garlic yesterday. Today the bed was planted with 3 rhubarb plants
You are as like minded as I Danny! I hate to see bare ground. Rolleyes

I have just pulled all my early leeks up as hey are running to seed. After weeding beds I straightaway planted winter leeks in the same bed. I usually don't like planting areas 'like with like' but there is a school of thought that practice annual rotation rather than true rotation, so in this case it should be fine. Bolting vegetables take a lot of nutrients from the soil so they were best discarded quickly. Smile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Vinny - 16-07-2021

Today I had planned to go fishing! Rolleyes I took dog for walk first thing and left a nore on the front door in case of delivery I was expecting. I returned to find a 'Self assembly' sofa left in a huge box at my back door. I dragged it in and started assembling.

This was the sofa from HELL. 20 minutes it said to assemble, two and a half hours later I was still at it. Cry

All done now and it looks wonderful and is really comfortable. Cool

Too late for fishing now so will have to leave until another day....bugger. Confused

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 16-07-2021

Never mind the sofa, did it arrive in a big cardboard box? Smile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Vinny - 16-07-2021

(16-07-2021, 03:33 PM)Veggie Wrote: Never mind the sofa, did it arrive in a big cardboard box? Smile
One box arrived Wednesday, already taken to allotment. One mahoosive box arrived today. Reason for note on door was that Hermes had called three times when I was out. I am sure they waited around the corner until I popped out for a few minutes then tried to deliver each time Rolleyes
Sofa was a bit of a pain to assemble but can't fault the firm on the quality of the cardboard!  Big Grin

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 16-07-2021

It was a log day. MrB with the chainsaw and operating the splitter me on barrowing and stacking.