Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 11-07-2021

More Hogweed and Dock removal. Desperate to get it all deadheaded even if I can't dig it up. Great satisfaction when a Hogweed comes out with roots - one was over a foot long!
Horrid stuff!

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 12-07-2021

So far, it rained in the night so everything is sodden. I set a baited mouse trap in the fruit cage, not to catch anything but to see whether there has been an incursion, and there had. Blocked up a likely hole temporarily and reset trap. Mrs sparrowhawk has had one of my robins Sad. I know she probably has babies to feed but why couldn't she go for sparrows like she's supposed to? Tied up and arm pitted. Removed netting from a strawberry patch that is over now. Took probably the last pulling of the rhubarb for P's pudding. Picked courgettes and few CFB and mangetout. I now have a enough CFB for a meal for two so that's on the menu for tonight together with chard, courgettes and mangetout. I'll be having complaintsfrom the management about too many vegetables soon. Wondered, as I do every year why I planted the cucurbits so close together that I can't see the fruit or step between.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 12-07-2021

Not much outdoors because of the rain.

I did pick some rhubarb roasting it in the oven with orange and honey it’s now in the freezer to have on my morning oatmeal.

Baked a sourdough loaf plus a few sultan and cinnamon scones while the oven was on.
Next time there’s a break in the rain I’ll pick some peas for dinner.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 12-07-2021

Put a thick layer of alpaca fleece in the bottom of 7 x 30ltr pots.
Filled the pots to about 50% full with compost from Mr Greedy's tum. Mr Greedy is about half full now.
Moved the pots to the end of the garden and covered them with tarpaulin to continue composting until I'm ready for phase 2.

Phase 2 is taking cuttings from fruit bushes, ready for planting in these pots.
This is the start of my new fruit garden. Smile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 12-07-2021

Vinny I have just come across your sad news, so sorry for your great loss, my heart felt sympathy, God bless

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Vinny - 12-07-2021

(12-07-2021, 07:26 PM)Spec Wrote: Vinny I have just come across your sad news, so sorry for your great loss, my heart felt sympathy, God bless
Thanks Spec. Just wish it was all over and done with as the funeral is not until 22nd July. What I've been doing today is clearing her clothes and taking them to the local Boy Scouts charity. Lots of tears as various clothes bring back memories. I have picked a beautiful photo of her in her wedding dress 48 years ago for the  front of the funeral service leaflet and a photo of this gorky looking teenager with her (me) for the back of the leaflet.
I intend doing a Eulogy and have had it typed out. Problem is that every time I read it I am blinded by emotion. I will read it out every day until the funeral in the hope I will be able to get through it on the day. I have also volunteered for pallbearing duties along with my two sons and son in law.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 12-07-2021

That's a long wait, my thoughts are and will be with you, and be grateful for the memories, again God Bless

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 13-07-2021

(12-07-2021, 10:17 PM)Vinny Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 07:26 PM)Spec Wrote: Vinny I have just come across your sad news, so sorry for your great loss, my heart felt sympathy, God bless
Thanks Spec. Just wish it was all over and done with as the funeral is not until 22nd July. What I've been doing today is clearing her clothes and taking them to the local Boy Scouts charity. Lots of tears as various clothes bring back memories. I have picked a beautiful photo of her in her wedding dress 48 years ago for the  front of the funeral service leaflet and a photo of this gorky looking teenager with her (me) for the back of the leaflet.
I intend doing a Eulogy and have had it typed out. Problem is that every time I read it I am blinded by emotion. I will read it out every day until the funeral in the hope I will be able to get through it on the day. I have also volunteered for pallbearing duties along with my two sons and son in law.

Hard tasks Vinny, eulogy and pall bearing.   You know we'll all be with you in spirit.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 14-07-2021

Decided to install a watering system for my baskets today and now have a water line to all my baskets, but still have a bit of work to do as the hose keeps blowing off, we have a high water pressure here and even a half turn is too high for the water system getting the water pipe on to the connectors as far as they will go is still not holding it so further work tomorrow

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 14-07-2021

Harvested shallots and garlic yesterday. Today the bed was planted with 3 rhubarb plants