Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Scarlet - 09-07-2021

I have a whole day to myself - my son has taken my husband to the beach!!
I've watered the greenhouses, it takes ages. Filled up the plant trays. Taken some cuttings. Now I need to label my sweet peas for colour - seed saving begins. Though I also have new plants to put out. Is it too late to put in more beans? I have a few remaining in pots.

Generally having a garden pottering day.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 09-07-2021

I've been thinking what to do about my latest pest(s) on the plot. I think I've got a plague of squirrels and not sure what they will move onto eating next.
They started on Strawberries, I'm fed up of seeing one sat on a pole eating a big strawberry.
Then they have been eating and wasting all the cherries, I've been able to pick 3.
Now they are swinging up and down the raspberries and I think red currants but there are loads of red currants - but not so much raspberries.
I can't see me getting any sweetcorn either, as for hazel nuts.
I think I'll have to cut down the sweetcorn before it is edible for them and may be the nut trees as well.
They just better not touch the peas that are just getting ready to pick but it is a distinct possibility.
The onions, potatoes and tomatoes should be safe I think. Even squash could be in danger if they try a taste. They wouldn't eat them but a bite could cause them to rot quickly.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 09-07-2021

Mostly weeding and tying in toms, then went for walk.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 09-07-2021

Deadheaded Hogweed and Dock before it has chance to seed everywhere.
Pulled up some sprawling clematis by mistake - it had twined around a weed. Turned the clematis into cuttings.
Sideshooted and tied in the toms. Found an ant's nest under one of the pots, with lots of winged ones crawling about. Gave them a dusting and said sorry. Hope they believed me.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 10-07-2021

Cut down all my lupins, then runn overvthem with the lawnmower, and now that they have been cleared see I still have a number of crocosmia in the garden, will wait to make sure there are no gladioli among them before removing more of them, now sitting watching the birds feeding, 11 pigeons, 8 crows, 3 of them nestlings and the mother is not getting a minute to feed for herself and several sparrows darting in and out at the feeder

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 11-07-2021

I sowed a load of brassicas - cabbage, sprouts, PSB, even a few cauliflower to see if they will grow. Gave them a good dosing of granular seaweed fertiliser. Then netted them to keep the cabbage whites and pigeons away. I also weeded around my turnips and harvested 2, I weeded around my cavalo nero and put in a feed of seaweed. 
Watered in the tunnel, transplanted some marigolds from the tunnel that were overshadowing some sweet peppers and purple runner beans. Fed the tomato plants and chilli plants.

Posted the photos on Instagram as they are to large forhere. Search for Caniceh on Instagram if you want to follow me and see the photos.

[attachment=3452][attachment=3453]

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 11-07-2021

weeded the courgettes and picked first one, dug up 3kg kestrel potatoes, picked some peas and watered greenhouse.
Nothing has attacked the peas yet, apart from the odd slug.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 11-07-2021

Weeded inside my brassica cage apart from weeds there seemed to be a lot of Toms, poppies and land cress.
Planted out a few more module grown lettuce.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 11-07-2021

Finally planted out cell sown golden sweet mangetout

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 11-07-2021

Watered tunnels, removed tomato & cucumber armpits. Harvested stuff. Laid out 300m of water pipe.
Stone picking. Broke my wheel barrow in the process ( a couple of stones landed a little to heavily  Rolleyes )