Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Vinny - 18-01-2021

Called in to the allotment plot after my shopping trip. Half of it still has snow on it and the other half is waterlogged. Checked the greenhouse and my leeks look ok even though I haven't needed to water them for a month.

Harvested a row of carrots and a row of Parsnips. A couple of the parsnips are huge and a couple of the larger carrots had split down there length. Because the soil was so wet it made them a lot easier to harvest. Rolleyes

I also cut a couple of cabbages and picked up a few of the smaller pots to make early sowing's for the propagator.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 18-01-2021

I have now installed a new electric fuse box in the greenhouse, so that's both the hut and greenhouse with circuit breakers, in the past it was plug in circuit breakers I was using but now hopefully a bit safer

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 19-01-2021

3 lap walk of the woods/canal circuit plus a lap of the village/canal.

Got the sandbags out of the coalhouse!

Another family chess comp match, won this oneSmile

Got a bag of spuds from the farm shop.

(The 3 lap walk was split into two walks, 2/1 laps. For the 3rd lap I thought I'd use my walking boots as the canal path was very boggy in places. Anyway after a while I could feel the soles flapping and half way round both soles fell off, good job I wasn't half way up Snowdon!! I've not worn them for a good number of years and won't be anymoreSmile)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 19-01-2021

Worked from home office all day, then made the evening meal, after which I signed up for my first concertina lessons.
I am a retired piper so I decided to take up a new instrument and bought a second hand Irish concertina last week on a site called DoneDeal.ie , i the found a website offering online lessons which I signed up to and learned my D scales tonight. I’m really pleased with the quality of the lessons.

[attachment=2009]
[attachment=2010]
[attachment=2011]

RE: 2021 - What I did today - DaiWig - 20-01-2021

Yesterday managed to finish sanding and polishing daughters scaffold desk and prepared the potato sacks (cleaned). Spuds in porch for chitting so good to go as soon as they do - Red Duke of York and Orla. Apart from work getting in the way lots of stuff germinating in the Polytunnel now, so happy bunny. Just glad it doesnt rain inside the polytunnel Shy - horrendous weather down here!

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Vinny - 20-01-2021

On the tiles again for a couple of hours yesterday. Running up and down stairs to cut tiles really tires you out! Rolleyes

No piccies of bathroom, ya'll all have to wait for the grand opening. Need to get some ribbon to cut at the door. Blush

I've only been on about 5 years trying to recreant the bathroom after pulling everything out, extending into bedroom space,adding shower unit and boat bath, lowering ceiling,adding down lights (did think about uplights under boat bath but didn't get round to doing it), laminating floor and finally tiling from top to bottom.....Phew! Smile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 20-01-2021

Just back in after a walk round the Park with a neighbour we decided to do something different this morning, the road in is very steep and comes to a Y junction, normally we go to the left and go round in a clockwise direction but today we went to the right, or anticlockwise, this should stop folks thinking we are creatures of habitBig Grin

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 20-01-2021

(20-01-2021, 12:45 PM)Spec Wrote: Just back in after a walk round the Park with a neighbour we decided to do something different this morning, the road in is very steep and comes to a Y junction, normally we go to the left and go round in a clockwise direction but today we went to the right, or anticlockwise, this should stop folks thinking we are creatures of habitBig Grin
That could be your something different for week 3,

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 20-01-2021

A bit of measuring at the plot. Planting my perennial leeks in a pot, separated my mixed beans and named some of them. Made up a first aid box for the site. Put a heat mat under my chillies. Also emptied some more of last years chilli pots.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 20-01-2021

Not much today, 4 laps of the woods/canal to get my 10k steps in.

Put the raspberry canes in a soil/spent compost mix until they can be planted.

Watched some TV.

Exercises with No.2