Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Scarlet - 28-06-2021

(26-06-2021, 05:57 PM)Broadway Wrote:
(26-06-2021, 05:14 PM)JJB Wrote: I mulched.  Question.  Do I need to leave a gap around the stem when mulching with grass mowings?
I hope not!Smile

I do- I try to leave a gap so as it doesn't burnie rot any stems

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 28-06-2021

Its a terrible thing - the "burnie rot". Big Grin
What, or who, were you thinking of, Scarlet.Wink

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 29-06-2021

Maybe it's like 'licky end' ref Gaspode the wonder dog (Pratchett) but I think I get what Scarlet is trying to say Smile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Vinny - 29-06-2021

Maybe its the' burnie ro't that got some of my French beans as they broke through the surface of my grass mulched beds, but far more likely to be the gastropods methinks! Rolleyes

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 30-06-2021

Yesterday not a lot of gardening. Just watered the tunnels. Mostly housework then went out on the boat with friends.

Today watered tunnels. Rest of the morning will be fighting with the printer. Getting things ready for this afternoons fun on the build site.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 30-06-2021

I rapidly went round digging 'holes' round the stems of everything I very carefully mulched beyond recognition. Another query: I put mowings on the gh borders to conserve the moisture, but aren't we told to remove all dead and dying vegetative matter to avoid pests and diseases. How does that square with mulching?? Answers on a postcard...........

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 30-06-2021

Yesterday worked at a client's garden, today just cut the path edges in the veg plot and picked the last of the black and red currants.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Vinny - 30-06-2021

I am an unpaid carer for OH. As her condition worsens I am finding it harder to cope so today met with the District nurse to set up some extra care. 

I also received my order of metal bars etc to enable me to make the wrought iron railings for my recently constructed front steps.
Because it was a nice evening I started cutting and laying out the metal to my preconceived plan on a bench at the top of the rear garden.
After doing a bit of setting out and tidying up I returned to find a brand new commode had been delivered and left behind the gate at the front.  Rolleyes
I supposedly have Macmillan nurses coming tomorrow to sort out a plan for palliative care.I must admit it is all starting to get to me and the reality of the situation is just starting to sink in. Confused 

Apologies for offloading on you lot............normal service will be resumed as soon as possible Rolleyes Smile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 01-07-2021

(30-06-2021, 09:58 PM)Vinny Wrote: I am an unpaid carer for OH. As her condition worsens I am finding it harder to cope so today met with the District nurse to set up some extra care. 

I also received my order of metal bars etc to enable me to make the wrought iron railings for my recently constructed front steps.
Because it was a nice evening I started cutting and laying out the metal to my preconceived plan on a bench at the top of the rear garden.
After doing a bit of setting out and tidying up I returned to find a brand new commode had been delivered and left behind the gate at the front.  Rolleyes
I supposedly have Macmillan nurses coming tomorrow to sort out a plan for palliative care.I must admit it is all starting to get to me and the reality of the situation is just starting to sink in. Confused 

Apologies for offloading on you lot............normal service will be resumed as soon as possible Rolleyes Smile
We all need help matey. Good luck with the planning session todaySmile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 01-07-2021

(30-06-2021, 09:58 PM)Vinny Wrote: I am an unpaid carer for OH. As her condition worsens I am finding it harder to cope so today met with the District nurse to set up some extra care. 

Don't you apologise Vinny.   We're here for you, if ever you need us to listen.  I just wish I  were nearer to offer a hand. Do feel free to offload any time you want, it might help you to do so, and also remind the rest of us how fragile life is.