Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 26-06-2021

^^^ No idea!
I weeded alongside a wire fence and planted some Lablab beans and some puny crown peas and Luffa seedlings in one planter and Morning glory in another planter that is home to some Babington leeks - though how they got there I do not know!!
The dogs chased a frog across the shingle.
Planted a few Red Iceberg lettuce seedlings (you know the ones, SC) in the GH.
Picked raspberries - not squirrel in there today.
Spotted a White Plume Moth - looks like a couple of downy white feathers - https://www.ukmoths.org.uk/species/pterophorus-pentadactyla/

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 26-06-2021

I know the ones   Smile  they’ve done very well for oldies  Big Grin . 

More work this morning. Bottle feeding Phil the lamb. Made elderflower champagne. Bottled rhubarb gin. Cut the dead tulips back. Sown seeds. Watered tunnels.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 26-06-2021

Watered plants in the tunnel and patio plants, cut the back grass and put it down on the Bog with a load of weeds. Built a trampoline with my 2 grandsons and my 2 grand nieces. 2 x 16 year olds and 2 x 10 year olds.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 27-06-2021

Harvested the autumn planted onions yesterday. Some had very early signs of white rot but should dry OK. It was a little early but that was because there is some white rot there. About 180 onion sets planted and about 110 good onions harvested yesterday. I had pulled up the rest over time early (most quite edible still) because of the rot. Planted out some brussels and cauli that had been growing in pots after a good hoeing.

Today I added extra height to the pea support. Hurst Greenshaft are supposed to be about 30" high but mine seem to regularly grow to 45" (except where some were eaten by rats I think). I tied up the broadbeans then fed and watered some maincrop potatoes and onions. I think I have overdone the onions this year. Also tied back some tomato plants, while i had the twine handy, that were making it impossible to get through the green house.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 27-06-2021

Bit of watering and picked a few red scallions, cabbage, carrots for a friend plus some garlic that was drying

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 27-06-2021

Planted all the leftover tomato plants in the GH in a very small space! There have been warnings of doom and gloom.Smile
Filled watering cans to make plenty of room in the waterbutts for the predicted heavy rain/flood warnings for this evening & overnight. Think it may be another false alarm as there's only been a bit of drizzle to date.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 28-06-2021

^^^I thought the same ting when we got only drizzle all day just enough to make it mucky. Then the heavens opened at bed time. I fearedfor the safety of my babies sitting on the patio waiting to be planted out.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 28-06-2021

Picked produce, planted stragglers (courgette Wanda, squashes, honeyboat and small sugar) in any spare bit of ground. Squished blackfly, saved bijou pea seed, weeded. Finally saw signs of my carrot seed popping.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 28-06-2021

Hacked my way into the gooseberry plot - created a mound of brambles, nettles and all sorts of weeds.
Hated doing it but I dug up a lot of lemon balm which is spreading everywhere. Fortunately. its not a painful plant to weed like most of the others in the heap.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 28-06-2021

Today did last week's and this week's sow list, definitely the end of June as it was so short,  even if it feels like March!
Weeded out one of the miscellaneous veg beds where the garden compost had grown a riot of weeds. I look on it as just growing compost.
Tied in cucumbers and sweet peas, and put in some supports to keep the asparagus out of the way now it's above my head.
Made comfrey tea.