Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - doublyjonah - 19-06-2021

Mostly nothing, personally, as I was on toddler patrol. But the parsnips were thinned and we moved cardboard and black plastic over one of the worst overgrown sections on the plot, in the process uncovering more space for squashes and pumpkins.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 19-06-2021

(19-06-2021, 04:42 PM)Vinny Wrote: Daft thought for today:- If Stevia leaves are sweet tasting and they get their nutrients from water, compost and sunlight, surely there must be a sweetness in the compost,or the air, or the water? Huh Big Grin

You could try eating some compost to see,  though it might be hot as chillies are made from the same ingredients.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 19-06-2021

Got my hair cut then visited my daughter and her family collected my Father’s Day present a very useful water butt. Then home to weed potatoes onion beds and bring grass and weeds to the bog.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 19-06-2021

Potted up some caulis then watered and weeded raspberries. They are not developing properly as too dry. Then mowed the lawns and grass verge and used cuttings to mulch round the raspberries and some red and blackcurrants.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 19-06-2021

This morning tied in Tom's then pinched out armpits,  went to work then visited family.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 20-06-2021

Was going to water main crop potatoes and onions - but it rained in the night.  Big Grin  Woke up to full water butts so a reasonable amount.  So fed and watered GH plants and weeded parsnips.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 20-06-2021

Finally planted some more tomato plants in the GH; also 4 Beth Apha cucumbers.
Planted some Dieta edible lupin seedlings in the garden. No idea what to expect from these - I struggle to grow an ordinary lupin, never mind an edible one.- edible to slugs probably.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 20-06-2021

Weeded some pots. Transplanted a red currant, took some plants to a friend.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Vinny - 20-06-2021

(19-06-2021, 10:02 PM)Mark_Riga Wrote:
(19-06-2021, 04:42 PM)Vinny Wrote: Daft thought for today:- If Stevia leaves are sweet tasting and they get their nutrients from water, compost and sunlight, surely there must be a sweetness in the compost,or the air, or the water? Huh Big Grin

You could try eating some compost to see,  though it might be hot as chillies are made from the same ingredients.
And all the various mints as well to name but a few. Rolleyes Clever stuff this soil malarky! Big Grin

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Proserpina - 21-06-2021

After a WhatsApp discussion with my mother about her broad beans, I got to wondering if they could be kept for more than one year like runner beans. I decided to search online for the answer, only for the top result to be one VeggieChicken (at the "other place") describing her adventures!