Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 18-06-2021

Pulled up all the seeding lettuces in GH No 1 and chopped off the seed heads. Some are at fluffy seed stage so I gave those a little shake over the GH bed with instructions to grow there.
I'd intended to plant more tomatoes in the GH but the soil was heaving with woodlice and ants. I've given them a strong talking to and a dusting of something I found in the back of the shed. Hopefully, they'll pack their bags and leave - but not to another GH or there'll be big trouble!
Picked a bowl of tomatoes and a cucumber. Summer salads are a-coming in. Smile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Vinny - 18-06-2021

My chrysanthemum plants arrived from T&M today Cool . Five nice large plug plants Beppie red,Beppie white, Beppie Pink (Rose),Beppie bronze and Beppie yellow.
They were well packed and even though there was a lot of negative feedback online, speak as you find, I am very pleased with my purchase for a tenner inclusive of postage. Smile

Tomorrow I will pot them up into 3.5 inch pots, along with the six Stevia plants I have grown from seed, also going in 3.5 inch pots initially.

When Chrysanths are a bit more established I was going to plant them at the allotment for use as cut flowers but I may pot them up eventually into 8 inch pots and bury them in my herbaceous border at home. That way I can enjoy their flowers without cutting them and once they have finished flowering I can lift them still in their pots and put them in the greenhouse to produce cuttings and increase stocks for next year Shy

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 18-06-2021

Worked. Stared weeding paths & beds. Went fishing.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 19-06-2021

A quick visit to the plot this morning.

Planted out WS Cabbage, Collard Greens, Kalettes, and some Chard/Spinach

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 19-06-2021

Yesterday after the weekly shop and a trip to the tip, prepared all the plants that needed planting out and sorted out canes for the cucumbers and beans. Unfortunately underneath the mulch the ground was riddled with both mole and vole tunnels, so the quick planting out job became a mammoth re-dig of the bed. No Dig? You're having a laugh!! I did manage to get the climbing stuff in the ground, but all the rest will have to wait.

Today, harvested soft fruit so far, and sorted out, but not done the weekly sow list!

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 19-06-2021

(19-06-2021, 10:17 AM)Broadway Wrote: A quick visit to the plot this morning.

What's WS Cabbage please?

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 19-06-2021

I had a pot containing garlic bulbs which has been sitting since last year cleaned out all the bulbs, no cloves formed, so filled a container with water and put all the bulbs into it to let it ferment, than I will strain the liquid off and use it as a spray against snails etc.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 19-06-2021

(19-06-2021, 01:39 PM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: Today, harvested soft fruit so far, and sorted out, but not done the weekly sow list!

Mr PP decided it was time to move the temporary wood stack from when a big oak was felled on our boundary and put it up on pallets to finish drying. Thirty degrees out there!! Sadist. We managed half ...

Nothing else achieved in the garden, but there will be a lot of watering later as the forcast day of rain failed to produce a drop.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 19-06-2021

(19-06-2021, 02:40 PM)Veggie Wrote:
(19-06-2021, 10:17 AM)Broadway Wrote: A quick visit to the plot this morning.

What's WS Cabbage please?
These were the seeds I got Veggie....Planted out 6 plugs today

Couve Galega - Portuguese Walking Stick Cabbage

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Vinny - 19-06-2021

Grocery shop with my daughter in the morning then made lunch. My version of an Eton Mess omelette with salad.Looked awful, tasted divine. Rolleyes

Potted on the five chrysanthemums I was sentt in the post into four inch square pots and six Stevia plants into five inch round pots. Two Stevia plants will stay on the window sill in the kitchen, the other four will go onto the greenhouse staging as they are reportedly rather soft and wouldn't like our outdoor conditions. Confused

Daft thought for today:- If Stevia leaves are sweet tasting and they get their nutrients from water, compost and sunlight, surely there must be a sweetness in the compost,or the air, or the water? Huh Big Grin