Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - DaiWig - 16-01-2021

Morning all

Work has got in the way for the last couple of weeks (and the puppy!) but managed to get leeks, dill, carrots, peas, beetroot, lettuce, broccoli and radish germinated over hotbed in last couple of weeks (planted early December) even though the daytime temps were around zero! Just waiting for fresh manure to build another hotbed as I think my last batch was slightly too old but still about 3 or 4 degrees warmer than the soil in another raised bed! Ive become a bit of a nerd with this (see graph!). Went to Wilko to get compost (I know, but we are in lockdown!) - non essential item apparently Dodgy  as my seed potatoes have arrived and just getting the sacks ready to fill. B&Q it is then. Hopefully I can get the 2nd bed done in next couple of weeks whilst theyre chitting ready to put on top of the new bed Tongue . Have a great weekend.

Cheers
DaiWig Wink

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 16-01-2021

Went to Sainsbury's this morning, was told we couldn't do the shopping together, only one person, fine by meSmile

4 lap walk of the woods/canal circuit(trees blocking the path have been movedSmile), lovely day in the sun looking at the melting snowSmile

Made some plant labels from a milk carton (Well cut it into piecesSmile) Did the jobSmile

Sowed some seedSmile

Raspberry canes arrived, stored in the coalhouse for nowSmile

Another lockdown haircutSmile

More chessSmile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 16-01-2021

(10-01-2021, 08:06 PM)Spec Wrote:
(10-01-2021, 07:56 PM)Can the Man Wrote:
(09-01-2021, 09:23 PM)Spec Wrote: Can with filling turf bunker, are you referring to filling it with peat?
No spec, fill it with sods of turf for the fire
Thanks Can never heard of that before
This is what it looks like Spec, it’s just a normal fuel bunker , the lower photo is how I. Now getting the turf delivered in a 1 ton bag, which I made veg by barrow over to my bunker at the back door.

[attachment=1978]
[attachment=1979]

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 16-01-2021

I filled the turf bunker, filled 2 bags of logs, chopped a box full of kindle, got rid of the turf ashes in the bog.
I transplanted a number of cabbage plants from modules into individual pots and put outside for weathering, sowed curly kale seeds, sage seeds, white and red spring onions, also planted dwarf French bean seeds in a module I know it’s a bit early for the DFB but it’s worth the experiment.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 17-01-2021

Started cleaning gh no.1

RE: 2021 - What I did today - doublyjonah - 17-01-2021

Some clearing and garlic set planting at the plot. Also lugged over some more cardboard.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 17-01-2021

Rebuilt my laptop, again!

3 lap walk of the woods/canal circuit.

Popped over the plot to sort out the netting damaged by the snow.

Sowed some more seed.

Watched my team win on the TVSmile

Lost in the chess competition against my cousin, 10 minute games duration, nightmare. Was 1-0 up then paused for me to watch the football, 90mins and a few lagers later we resumed and I lost 1-2, no guessing why!!Sad

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 17-01-2021

Pulled up all the remaining cabbage, kale and sprouts, put all the leaves etc in the composter, left stems to dry outa. It before shredding. Filled the wild bird feeders, and replaced the water in the bird bath. Lined another raised bed getting it ready for filling, moved graven in front of the compost bins.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - DaiWig - 18-01-2021

(16-01-2021, 05:44 PM)Can the Man Wrote:
(10-01-2021, 08:06 PM)Spec Wrote:
(10-01-2021, 07:56 PM)Can the Man Wrote:
(09-01-2021, 09:23 PM)Spec Wrote: Can with filling turf bunker, are you referring to filling it with peat?
No spec, fill it with sods of turf for the fire
Thanks Can never heard of that before
This is what it looks like Spec, it’s just a normal fuel bunker , the lower photo is how I. Now getting the turf delivered in a 1 ton bag, which I made veg by barrow over to my bunker at the back door.

Hi Can
Exactly what is a turf bunker and whats it for as Ive never heard of one before. Looks interesting though

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 18-01-2021

3 lap walk of the woods/canal circuit.

Popped over the plot to start on the raspberry area.

Resistance exercises with No.2 son

Went through my bean seeds, prompted by Scarlet's threadSmile