Garden And Gossip Forums
What are you going buy, what are you going to sow - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: Plots, pots and gardens (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+--- Forum: Working the plot (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: What are you going buy, what are you going to sow (/showthread.php?tid=679)

What are you going buy, what are you going to sow - Spec - 28-11-2020

Today I placed an order for potatoes, onion sets and garlic, i will also sow some onion seeds along with the usual tomatoes, cabbages, lettuce, beetroot and carrot, no doubt there will be other veg sown, but as I have the time, I don't think any other veg plants will be purchased, as for the flower garden for the next growing season I might buy some fuchsia and I am still considering some chrysanthemum plants, but everything else, I intend to grow from seed, I usually buy begonias and petunias, but the last season my best displays came from plants I had grown from seed, therefore unless I come across  a good bargain, that how I will be going for next season, so wondering what other forum members will be doing next year

RE: What are you going buy, what are you going to sow - Bren - 28-11-2020

I'll be buying my potatoes in January from the local corn merchant, everything else will be grown from seed.

RE: What are you going buy, what are you going to sow - Veggie - 28-11-2020

I'll pick up some onions sets from the £ shop in January, maybe a few spuds but that's all - unless there's a yellow sticker bargain I can't resist.
I have enough seeds to set up my own shop. Wink

RE: What are you going buy, what are you going to sow - Small chilli - 29-11-2020

Only seeds I’ll be buying is more tromboncino & problem some chillies. Very few veggies will be getting grown next year. Perennial flowery things are on the list for growing so they can establish.
I have a few plants in a watch list. But they’re not a priority. More of a , they’d be nice. A red buddleia & a magnolia.

RE: What are you going buy, what are you going to sow - JJB - 29-11-2020

I ordered some seeds yesterday, talked myself out of getting any more tomato seeds in the hope for a couple of new ones from the seed swap. Nothing expensive though. I'm dithering about getting a small tray/growlight thingy, but am probably going to talk myself out of it. It's funny, if it was a purchase for P or the lad I wouldn't hesitate to spend £60ish but because it's for myself I'm dithery and wonder if it's worth it/sensible/value for money, etc. I shall buy onion sets from poundland probably. It pains me but I may get some bedding from T&M in the spring

RE: What are you going buy, what are you going to sow - Veggie - 29-11-2020

JJB - if you want it, treat yourself and thank P for his "present" to you.Smile
I've been buying my own presents (as usual) this week - a Hotbin and Hodmedods pulses to eat and grow. Santa is going to be struggling getting that Hotbin in my stocking. Smile

You'll have to hang up your big knickers on the mantlepiece instead Smile
A hot bin I'm jealous about, but I can't get excited about your box of pulses though.

My Hot pants. Smile

(29-11-2020, 11:56 AM)Veggie Wrote: My Hot pants. Smile
Boom boom!  You're so sharp you'll cut yourself, as my mam used to say.  Very droll.

[attachment=1672]

Sharp by name and sharp by nature.Wink