Garden And Gossip Forums
Home made ready meals - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: Kitchen Talk (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: DIY Kitchen (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Home made ready meals (/showthread.php?tid=574)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Home made ready meals - JJB - 06-10-2020

It's a kind of stew but how about Moroccan tagine, couscous is quick to rustle up for an accompaniment, Chinese chicken sweetsour/soy & sherry, red cooked lamb.

RE: Home made ready meals - Vinny - 06-10-2020

Hope you have a BIG freezer to accommodate all of the above SC! Big Grin

RE: Home made ready meals - Vinny - 06-10-2020

To make more room in my freezers I am slowly packaging stuff in plastic cartons rather than placcy bags. That way I can store stuff in bricks, like building an internal wall in the freezer. Eventually I will separate sweet stuff from savoury stuff, but that's still a work in progress. Rolleyes

RE: Home made ready meals - JJB - 06-10-2020

(06-10-2020, 11:22 AM)Vinny Wrote: To make more room in my freezers I am slowly packaging stuff in plastic cartons rather than placcy bags. That way I can store stuff in bricks, like building an internal wall in the freezer. Eventually I will separate sweet stuff from savoury stuff, but that's still a work in progress. Rolleyes

I'm doing exactly that Vinny.  I line empty spread boxes with plastic bags, fill with whatever then freeze and remove the box when frozen. It's like Lego all over again. New freezer is already full, I knew I should have pressed for a bigger one.  Rolleyes

RE: Home made ready meals - Veggie - 06-10-2020

(06-10-2020, 09:04 AM)Admin Wrote: How about a nice stew Big Grin Big Grin
or a nice casserole. Smile 

Boss, I'll reinstate you if you're banned first, if you'll do the same for me.Wink

I tend to cook extra every time I make something, with a view to freezing it for another day. To be able to cater for Carnivores and veggies  at the same meal, I freeze the vegetables/pasta/rice separately from the protein part - so I have lots of freezer boxes of mashed potato or mixed veg, rice, pasta, naan bread for bulk and boxes of cooked minced meat or beans in a tomato and onion sauce. I can turn these easily into either bolognese, chilli, curry or eat with garlic bread or couscous or veggies as the fancy takes me.

RE: Home made ready meals - Broadway - 06-10-2020

I bulk cook mash and portion / freeze using the ice cream scoupSmile

RE: Home made ready meals - Small chilli - 06-10-2020

You’re all coming up with lots of things I really like. And loads of things I had no idea you could freeze.
Thank you everyone.

RE: Home made ready meals - Admin - 06-10-2020

But what about the stew?

RE: Home made ready meals - Small chilli - 06-10-2020

(06-10-2020, 05:46 PM)Admin Wrote: But what about the stew?
I’m deliberately ignoring that  Tongue  Big Grin .

RE: Home made ready meals - Scarlet - 06-10-2020

I make apple/fruit tarts. I make the pastry, fill and freeze prior to cooking. Defrost and cook as normal. It's just a case of popping in the oven and they don't seem to be much different from fresh.